Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1948 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Making Cannabis Butter:Discussion.

well tonight i put 14 grams of trim into 90 ml of olive oil (recipe called for 60ml) put the oil in the pan let it heat to around 300-330 (hard to get an accurate reading with a small amount) put in the trimmings witch where finally ground. After they simmered for 15 min i strained n made the brownies, ill post back how they where when i eat them.
    [SIZE=\"5\"][/SIZE][SIZE=\"5\"]Mr.Blue[/SIZE]

I've looked at several Bud Butter recipes online and have to say, BobBong's seems the most comprehensive.

The only things I am wondering about are:

1) Pre-cook: many recipes suggest you pre cook your cannabis for five minutes in the oven before adding it to the butter (converts the THCA into THC apparently)

2) Cook Times: 24 hours seems excessive and this seems to be the only recipe I can find that suggests anything more than 2 hours. What happens in that extra 22 hours to make the butter better?

And that's it!! I'll be putting on the chef's cap in a few weeks and will report back.

El Fantistico :smokin:

2-1/2 sticks butter clarified
    1 ounce reggie(given to me)
    Ground with hand herb grinder
    12hrs crockpot on low.
    strained with cheese cloth.
    ended with 3/4 cups solid butter(1-1/2 sticks)

4.   Advertisements

stone report on that ? if it's good then im makeing the same but with an oz of good weed.:jointsmile:

idk what gets me about these bubble bag extractions and budder recipes lol im just afraid of wasteing good quality smoke.. but i need the better quality smoke because i smoke so dam much of this.

Question:

if i am going to use 14grams (1/4oz) should i only use 1/2 a stick of butter? to get the same results?

last time i checked 14 grams is a 1/2 oz......

I'm making my second batch ever of cannabutter right now. I filled my Crockpot halfway with water then added 4 sticks of butter. Once that melted I added about 11 grams of high grade bud, 4 grams or so of regs and a mason jars worth of seeds and stems(with lots of bits of bud still attached). All of which I ran through my new coffee grinder. I figure I'll let it go for at least 3 hours as that is what I did last time and it turned out phenomenal. Even though I used an ounce of reg bud last time I tried I still think this batch will be a lot more potent. Will post pics and follow up later.

I take the clippings from the plants and boil that in water and add the butter then drain it and press out all the oils left in the leaves and such. makes great shit. im talkin green tinted butter.

How long do you leave the mixture on the heat for?

Quote Originally Posted by Shambala
    How long do you leave the mixture on the heat for?

for about 15 min or some med high heat boiling . .

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast