Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1599 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Making Cannabis Butter:Discussion.

So rather than do a video just yet.. I've made a batch and taken pictures of what i did..

Check em out in the gallery!

2.   Advertisements

I'm having a little difficulty here in making my tasty canni-butter. I recently took my trim and ran it through a food processor to grind it into a super-fine flour like Bob's recipe recomends. However, when I try and follow the ratio for butter to trim (about 1oz trim to 1lb butter), I'm finding that my fine-ground leaf matter seems to soak up ALL the available liquid, making me have to dump far more butter and water into the mess to give me a little moisture to simmer. When I drain, filter and press the stuff , I'm finding that the best I can get is about 1/4 cup green butter rendered from nearly 2lb fresh butter placed in the boiling pot!
    Is this right? Is anyone else having problems with their leaf soaking up all the goodies and giving back very little or have I ground it too fine for cooking. It seems that I should get back more butter for all that I dump in in the first place.
    PS I have the same problem when I do tincture: 2 quart bottles of Bacardi 151 to 1oz of ground trim to get 3/4 cup of Green Dragon. Danm! thats alot of 151 to dump in to start!

Quote Originally Posted by jazzboy_32
    I'm having a little difficulty here in making my tasty canni-butter. I recently took my trim and ran it through a food processor to grind it into a super-fine flour like Bob's recipe recomends. However, when I try and follow the ratio for butter to trim (about 1oz trim to 1lb butter), I'm finding that my fine-ground leaf matter seems to soak up ALL the available liquid, making me have to dump far more butter and water into the mess to give me a little moisture to simmer. When I drain, filter and press the stuff , I'm finding that the best I can get is about 1/4 cup green butter rendered from nearly 2lb fresh butter placed in the boiling pot!
    Is this right? Is anyone else having problems with their leaf soaking up all the goodies and giving back very little or have I ground it too fine for cooking. It seems that I should get back more butter for all that I dump in in the first place.
    PS I have the same problem when I do tincture: 2 quart bottles of Bacardi 151 to 1oz of ground trim to get 3/4 cup of Green Dragon. Danm! thats alot of 151 to dump in to start!
    Sorry for the late reply.

It sounds like your temps are to high. The butter should be kept below a hard boil..more a light simmer than a boil.
    If you're having problems with water content, are you covering the pot?

The alcohol would evaporate considerably faster than water, so i'm not sure what the problem with the green dragon would be.

You can get all the THC into your butter within an hour.
    Use 1oz of trim to 1oz of butter(clarified ghee)
    Drop your ghee and trim into a crock pot with enough water to just cover the leaves.
    heat over a charcoal fire for one hour while stirring.
    add water as nessesary to stop it drying out.
    After one hour
    pour the mix into a pot lined with a cheese cloth.
    Lift and twist the cloth to remove all the water and butter. Use a couple of wooden spoons to help wring all the moisture out and wear heavy duty rubber gloves as this shit is hot.
    Let the contents of the bowl cool.
    The butter will set hard on top of the water, remove butter and throw thwater away.

DO NOT DRINK THIS WATER, IT IS TOXIC AND WILL GIVE YOU A BAD BELLY.

Take your butter, squeeze and rinse it under flowing cold water until some of the green has lightened.

You now have potent canna butter that will enhance any recipe.

i jus put butter in a micro wave dish then put that in another micro wave dish full of water and sort double boil it that or i use a double boiler

so a quarter of an ounce for 1 stick of butter. I'm going to try this out. I don't know what setting I need my stove for.

I'll figure it out tho. Is 22-24 hours necessary? can it just be 7-12?

also how do you use it on toast, would I have to toast the bread first then spread the butter, and how much would I have to use... and also was wondering if the bud strained from the butter is still useable to be eaten..

Hi everyone. I made my first batch of butter last week. I took 1 oz. of great weed, into 1 lb of butter. I had a pot of water on the stove, brought it to a rolling boil. Dropped weed in. Brought temp down to simmer. simmered for 2 hours, dropped in lb of butter simmer 2 more hours. Stirring frequently thru all this. After simmer strain and refidgerate. Was a complete success.

Hello,
    I am a little confused about the amount of cannabis to use. I have made my first batch of CannaButter following BobBong’s recipe. I used just over 1oz/38gof fresh green leaf and stork. I then looked at Bob’s CannaButter photo shoot and saw the size of the bowl with ground cannabis in it and (unless the bowl is thimble size) is a whole lot more than 1oz or Bob’s cooking a ton of butter!!

Questions:
    Should I use dried cannabis plant material?
    Is it better to use fresh?
    Remembering that I am using this for pain control, am I still using too little plant material?
    Is it OK to use the stork?

Notes:
    I have managed to replace a 5,000mg a day Paracetamol habit with 30g of CannaButter. I am hoping to come off my Diclofenac next.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast