Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1586 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Making Cannabis Butter:Discussion.

I have a couple of questions about this butter.
    It was made with Shiva Shanti. After eating it, a mild headache occurred and stomach became nauseous. Neither lasted long but it seems every time it was consumed the same symptoms occur. The Shiva was not fresh, it had been frozen in vaccum sealed jars for almost a year (Shiva is not my favorite, it was kept for cooking).
    What would cause these symptoms?

The other questions: Can keif be added to the plant material when making butter? Can butter be made with just keif? If so, how much?

2.   Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by BobBong
    Hey folks, i was able to confirm with another source that CBN's and CBD's don't become fully active until heated for about 24 hours when making butter.

So,

Cook the butter longer for a heavier effect.
    Is this true? The recipe on the site calls for 22-24 hours of simmering. Should I go more than this?

Thanks.

If you read the entire sticky Bobbong seems to believe 22 - 24 hours is optimum. He indicated that more than 24 hr might be bad. I did the 22 - 23 hour cook and the butter was awesome. I still have 1 lb left.

Hey fellow chefs, I just got done making my awsome White Widow Budda. I have made this budda for yrs and it never seems to stop amazing me. I use an oz of trim and a 1/4 oz of popcorn buds. I add 4 cups boiling water into a crock pot then add a lb of unsalted butter. After the butter is melted I add my Widow and simmer for 8 hrs. I then strain threw new cheese cloth making sure to squeeze all the budda out. I then restrain the budda again threw new cheeseecloth, this seems to really almost fix the plant taste you get at times. I then place in the fridge for at least 12 hrs. After it becomes firm I cut a hole to let what water is left out.freeze what I dont want to use and make brownies with the rest.I also use dbl fudge brownie mix because I belive it helps the thc stick easier, who knows for sure. As far as the thc being released from the protection cell, thats more for tinticure oils and the like baking it wont hurt or damage the thc at all. Well all this talk about brownies has me in the bakeing mood lol. Happy cooking and always grow happy.

when ever I tried to make some butter it tasted like shit...but I guess I did it right after all, I thought it would come back looking as yellow as the butter was to begin with....thanks for the information on cooking it for 24 hours...I only boiled it for a couple of minutes and thought all the THC was out of it, so wonder I never got off on it...I should probably read more and jump to conclusions less..
    We the willing, lead by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much for so long with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

does the butter help?

If you want to make a smaller batch for say, one pan of brownies, I would put about 1/2 cup (or one large stick) and about 2-3 tablespoons of butter. One thing you'll find when using the crockpot is that the butter evaporates, and you end up with quite a bit less than what you had originally put in there (one time I went back an had about 1/2 cup less after cooking for 16 hours). After you put the butter in the crockpot, add about 1/8 worth of your bud. If you want the butter to only be slightly potent, don't add any more. I like eating small amounts of edibles though, so i try to make them pretty potent. I usually add about 5.25 g, or 1/8 and then 1/16 (about a 30 sack, sometimes a little more). Also, with the crockpot, if you are only cooking a small amount, you do not need to leave it in the crockpot over night. This could very possibly lead to you burning the butter. If you are cooking a small amount of butter (anything under 2 cups) then keep the crockpot heat setting on LOW, and instead of cooking it over night, begin it in the daytime and give it about 4-8 hours. If the butter is not a nice green color and smells like dank, leave it in longer. Make sure the butter isn't burning though, because this would be a HUGE waste of money! After your butter is all done, it should take 2-3 tablespoons to get you baked. If you don't plan on cooking brownies with it or something like that, you can easily substitute butter on toast on pancakes with your canna butter. A personal favorite of mine is chicken Alfredo with canna butter it's really great!

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213