Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1600 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849

The Definitive Green Dragon (Revised, Updated, Combined)

Quote Originally Posted by keef0420
    based on the decarb graph why not go 293 degrees for 7 minutes? Slightly higher THC and less time according to graph?

Lose taste or something? more browning perhaps?
    i think i'm going to give it a shot at 293 for 7 minutes. my buds are pretty airy and fairly dry but not crumbling at all. let ya know how it goes. i made a batch of GD but it's not quite strong as I had hoped probably because I did 15-20 mins at 250... also saw someone writing about washing the weed to possibly make sure i didn't lose anything the first go. I also simmered a bit longer because i used more bud(1/2oz of airy purple someone gave me) and more alcohol ( 6oz Diesel 153 proof vodka) and simmered it down to 4 oz. THEN I was feeling CURIOUS and cut it in half put 2 oz back in the jar and the water bath and simmered that down to 1 oz. Geez. So what happened was I tested the first batch right away did 1 dropper to see what would happen. Not too bad but not very strong. I tried the 2nd batch that i thought would be more concentrated since i evaporated another 1 oz of the alcohol off but the one dropper of that didn't do shit. I don't know why maybe i f*ed it up. But I have more buds to play with so I'm gonna try decarbin' that way... 293 @ 7 minutes....

Also Missilly-
    I was thinking about turning the GD thats not all that strong into some hash oil like you did. Did you just boil ALL the alcohol off that AND then how did you get it to a good conistancy to ball it up and smoke that shit?

LEt ya'll know how this next one goes.

TINCTURES.
    What am I doing wrong. I assume 175F is the correct temp for double boiler water bath set up. Nothing happened. Tried second small batch at 175C, still no action. Using Everclear.

Master Wu-
    I have read a few other recipes for making potent cannabis tincture and was wondering what your thoughts were about soaking the cannabis powder in water, post decarboxylation, to remove any water-soluble impurities.
    Hope to hear from you soon. Thank you so much for the updated methodology!
    Sincerely,
    theflowersays

Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849