Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1431 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

shroom question on growing

Hey. just wondering if these grow kits are hard to do. Like are they hard to get a successful mushroom batch from, do they die easily..? and also i wanted to know how long theyll last. cant get them around here and i wanna trip before i die!
    durban mist Reviewed by durban mist on . shroom question on growing Hey. just wondering if these grow kits are hard to do. Like are they hard to get a successful mushroom batch from, do they die easily..? and also i wanted to know how long theyll last. cant get them around here and i wanna trip before i die! :) Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Grow kits' yields are typically lower than what you would get from using a PF Tek method and using a casing method. Grow bags do indeed lower contamination rates (as there is little transfer involved) but can still be messed up.

Shrooms are very delicate and are easily contaminated. Never ever eat a contaminated mushroom.

A shroom trip (a dose of about 2-4 grams) will last typically 4-8 hours.

The dunking resembles heavy rainfall what normally occurs in autumn. 12 hours is probably not nessasary 4 hours or so is enough. Removing the acces water is a good idea it would also occur in Nature because of good drainage.

The large kits are quite good, I have some pictures of a shroom as good as a beer bottle, will post in a minute, just have to find it somewhere.

Most of the times the yield is the same , its just the last flush and the mycelium wants to survive or at least through spores so all its strength are in this last big shroom. Overal these kits give a good yield but the size of the mushrooms can vary.

wow Mory,
    marry me lol