Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1567 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Houston headshops...

yeah but not all cops follow the rules

i learned that lesson the hard way!:thumbsup:

atleast i got out of jail fast enough to go to work that morning:dance:
    Yeah if the government was not making such a killing off illegal narco transportation and protection maybe it would be legal?

2.   Advertisements

Houston headshops...

True, they don't always. But if they don't, sue their asses. They infringe upon your rights and you can get some $$$.

Houston headshops...

FT. If I'm walking out of a head shop, I'm walking out of a head shop with NOTHING on me.

Houston headshops...

they don't have a right to search you....if they want to search me i'll ask "for what reason?"....if they can't give a good one or one for probable cause..i'll just refuse...they can't search a person just for the hell of it...not me anyway...Bizarre Times on Richmond is pretty good also

Houston headshops...

High Times is on E. Nasa Pkwy. Used to be Nasa Rd.#1. And there is another 420 shop on the Gulf Frwy., near Hobby on the southbound feeder. There also used to be one on 610 West right at the Galleria, either westheimer, san felipe, perhaps richmond. it also had 420 on it's sign.

Houston headshops...

Quote Originally Posted by heavymetal
    they don't have a right to search you....if they want to search me i'll ask "for what reason?"....if they can't give a good one or one for probable cause..i'll just refuse...they can't search a person just for the hell of it...not me anyway...Bizarre Times on Richmond is pretty good also

Yeah that's true in theory HM. They have to have a reason to search. And like you, I'd go balls out and demand a reason, but I'm not as confident that the cop and I will see eye-to-eye on the criteria for what constitutes probable cause.

Officer says you smell like weed? Good luck arguing that you didn't later in court. "You're honor, the marijuanna in my clients posession would never have been found had Officer Johnson not made up the fact that he smelled like weed." Of course that very argument is heard in courts on a daily basis, but I'd rather not depend on the judge seeing the (however legit) logic that despite the fact I was guilty, I was busted illegally b.c. I really didn't smell like weed. The cop was just really lucky that he happened to imagine smelling weed on someone who just happened to have weed.

Our rights, for sure; I just feel safer doing that type of shopping with an empty pocket (weedwise). I fully concur with your message regarding our rights, but in practice I'd rather not take the gamble. When it comes to my freedom, I think I'll choose my battles with this stuff. Especially when it's easy to be safe, as rare as I have to buy something from a shop. ymmv.

So is that where you are HM? Near that shop on Richmond? I'm in clear lake. The closest one to me is I45 at almeda I think.

Houston headshops...

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Bill
    High Times is on E. Nasa Pkwy. Used to be Nasa Rd.#1. And there is another 420 shop on the Gulf Frwy., near Hobby on the southbound feeder. There also used to be one on 610 West right at the Galleria, either westheimer, san felipe, perhaps richmond. it also had 420 on it's sign.

OH CRAP! Nasa 1- that's one street over from me (bay area blvd). I've never noticed it. Are you in CL too?

I think the one on the corner near the Galleria is closed, or it's something else. Sell dance clothing or something. I don't know if they still carry pipes; I don't want to know if they still carry pipes. Quite frankly, I don't care. I won't be going in there. It's a market I can do without.

Houston headshops...

Actually, my home is on the water in Seabrook. the actual directions to High times: Go down one exit from Bay Area and head east on Nasa Pkwy. After you cross the tracks at Hwy.3 continue down a couple of miles and it is located real close to McDonalds on your left. It is in a small 4-5 store strip mall right next to a tatoo parlor.

Houston headshops...

I think I know where you are talking about (I wouldn't go all the way back to 45 though, because I am pretty far east on B.A.Bvld)... is it a little double decker strip, like where some shops are on a second tier? A block or two from Danny D's (guitar shop). Funny, I guess I rarely have a need to go to Nasa 1. All shopping, banks, work and school are here or north of here. Oh post office I go to is down there off nasa.

Seabrook huh? I know someone who lives down that way, near the water (though her's is a block or so removed). Off 146, past the 2nd stopngo from the kemah bridg (~fm 646). Cool. Well do you ever wake-N-bake? I'll pack the first bowl-o-dankness, but I can only smoke in the mornings, as that's when I get off work (and I work literally every single night of the week).

You ever go to the jazz fests? You are so close to the boardwalk.

Houston headshops...

actually i'm down in southeast houston .....Bizarre Bazaar is down by me......you.re probably right about the cops...its been so long since i was in any kind of trouble(cousin was busted..we hung around together) that i am probably too relaxed .....probable cause or suspicion can be a bummer..i'm sure....i was talking to a friend tonite and his wife..even thou we come from "slightly" different life styles..they agreed totally that there are far worse crimes than busting little Johnny ( more or less)for a joint..i had a sticker i got from Bizarre Bazaar that read "gas,grass or ass...no one rides for free".. a friend of mine said his friend was stopped because of that... i took mine off (LOL)..was on bumper..anyway the situation hasn't changed much since i started( probably gotten worse) and i don't see any foreseeable future that will be any different..sorry to say...yall take care...smoke with ya later!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast