Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1599 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Infraction System

There is a new infraction system in place. We are able to give members direct warnings when out of line rather than having to email them personally. They will see the infraction the next time the user logs on. This is going to be used as a warning system, when you recieve one please don't make a big fuss about it. Simply abide and take it as a friendly reminder.

We'd really prefer not to ban you...So don't make us.

Thanks,
    Bob.:thumbsup:
    BobBong Reviewed by BobBong on . Infraction System There is a new infraction system in place. We are able to give members direct warnings when out of line rather than having to email them personally. They will see the infraction the next time the user logs on. This is going to be used as a warning system, when you recieve one please don't make a big fuss about it. Simply abide and take it as a friendly reminder. We'd really prefer not to ban you...So don't make us. Thanks, Bob.:thumbsup: Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Infraction System

So I thought i'd open this up and let some feedback happen on this new infraction system.. it has been tweaked and is now in place again..

Here's how it works...

An infraction is given when we either recieve enough complaints about a user or we ourselves notice something directly out of line with what we'd like to see on our forums. This will decrease the amount of bans that happen significantly. when enough infraction points are gained by a user or their posting deemed malicious than that user will be banned.

When you recieve an infraction you will be notified the next time you visit or login.
    We ask that you don't post threads asking why you recieved an infraction as it only draws attention to yourself and is really unnecessary. You will be given a reason when/if you recieve one.

Any suggestions and comments are appreciated.. this system is really just in place for the mods use...as it allows us to deal with things through the site rather than both on and off the website.

In other words...you're basically going to have to try to be banned from here in order to recieve a ban from now on...and when you are.. you won't be welcome back.

It's simple really..Just be cool baby....Just...be cool. There's simply certain things that we'd rather not have on the site.

Cheers and stay stoned,
    Bob.

Infraction System

i have a question, you say itll show up when the user logs in next, im always logged in so would it show up in that case ? "not that i expect one i try and keep my smart ass remarks reletively in line:"

Infraction System

Quote Originally Posted by cole
    i have a question, you say itll show up when the user logs in next, im always logged in so would it show up in that case ? "not that i expect one i try and keep my smart ass remarks reletively in line:"
    when you close your browser you actually log out...you've simply set your browser to remember the cookies and cache (username/password) and it automatically logs you in..

you'd get it the next time you visit the site.

p.s. if you left the forum open all the time.. you'd get it like a PM, the next time you refreshed the page.

Infraction System

Quote Originally Posted by BobBong
    when you close your browser you actually log out...you've simply set your browser to remember the cookies and cache (username/password) and it automatically logs you in..

you'd get it the next time you visit the site.

p.s. if you left the forum open all the time.. you'd get it like a PM, the next time you refreshed the page.
    ahhh thanks for clearing this up :thumbsup:

Infraction System

I think its a good idea actually :thumbsup:! maybe there should be some sort of guide line (apart from the rules) saying specifically why me might recieve an infraction?

Also, how many infractions can we get before we get banned?

ty

Infraction System

i recently got one... does it go away, and if so after how long? sorry it just bothers me because i feel like i did something horribly wrong when i see it.
    im a funky not a junky but i know where to get it

asphyxiation kills braincells, plants dont

Dont hate the ignorant, its not their fault, I was ignorant once, but now i have seen the light

smoke great quantities of great quality.

Infraction System

Quote Originally Posted by funky not a junky
    i recently got one... does it go away, and if so after how long? sorry it just bothers me because i feel like i did something horribly wrong when i see it.
    They expire... and don't feel horrible if you get one! You shouldn't!

They're simply there to let you know if your posting is out of line, and you'll know why also. we can pm anyone at will now.. so trust me when i say you have to ignore our warnings.. or TRY to be banned, in order for us to actually ban you.

Just the simple fact that you acknowledge that you got one funky shows that it really wasn't intentional .. this is why the system is in place.

Infraction System

that makes me feel better
    im a funky not a junky but i know where to get it

asphyxiation kills braincells, plants dont

Dont hate the ignorant, its not their fault, I was ignorant once, but now i have seen the light

smoke great quantities of great quality.

Infraction System

4 Points is 3 Weeks,8 points is 2 Months, and 12 is life. No need for any worry though.......the infractions only stay in effect for a matter of 18-65 days depending on what was said/done.

Have a good one!:thumbsup:

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast