Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1548 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Do Away With the Lounge?

OK, it's hard to see the same unresponsive threads for weeks on end....

My problem with the Lounge is that I don't know what to do to contribute to a vibrant thread...

What's the purpose of the Lounge? What's off limits? Some say that political topics are off limits but I don't really see any written POLICY about that.

Some say it's to just chill and hang with others in the Lounge... OK, then in glacial terms, that's about 4 weeks between post and reply (if at all).

Don't get me wrong, I'm always happy to read the posts of Lounge members and I consider their views first among equals in the larger community but I've also gained the same from Cannabis.com members outside the Lounge.

Just my musings.... other thoughts?
    graymatter Reviewed by graymatter on . Do Away With the Lounge? OK, it's hard to see the same unresponsive threads for weeks on end.... My problem with the Lounge is that I don't know what to do to contribute to a vibrant thread... What's the purpose of the Lounge? What's off limits? Some say that political topics are off limits but I don't really see any written POLICY about that. Some say it's to just chill and hang with others in the Lounge... OK, then in glacial terms, that's about 4 weeks between post and reply (if at all). Don't get Rating: 5
    Those are my principles. If you don\'t like them I have others. -Groucho Marx

2.   Advertisements

Do Away With the Lounge?

Its a good point you raise.....The "LOUNGE" is here for members to chill out and yak about things. When the "LOUNGE" was put here it was because alot of paying members were sick of some of the things that go on in the main public :LOUNGE".
    Alot of our CAFE members wanted somewhere to get away to when they came on this site, thats the reason behind it.

Do Away With the Lounge?

Unfortunately the cafe has been pretty much dormant, I agree. I would be upset if I paid member dues only to come in and find out that this is all I get...it was advertised as a place to get a hook-up, but that has been banned so I don't know what to tell you graymatter. I hope it picks up!
    peace latewood

Do Away With the Lounge?

If the lounge is dormant .... it is only the fault of the members ..... You can't FORCE people to post .... There are still plenty of people who pop in and read threads .... and possibly even more (uncounted) who use the PMs discretely.

About a year ago, the place was also very quiet ... but all it takes is a few people to participate, and I try to participate actively. It's not quantity, it's quality that counts.

The truth (as I see it) is the Cafe Lounge is a mechanism to support the site and get a little back ... It is also a place with a mechanism for some private conversation using PMs, if that's something you want to take advantage of.

It was alot more valuable in the days when certain discussion was allowed ... I don't remember when it was "advertised" as a place for a hook-up ....

Do Away With the Lounge?

I wasn't a mod for very long when they put the hook-up/sales policy on board but I remember the hassles that the others went through. Someone sends cash and gets ripped off; then you had the "beware of scammer" threads in every forum on here. From there, I would imagine, it was up to the mods to decide if someone was scamming or to ignore the posts and tell the person to give it up. WHAT A HASSLE!

As for myself, I'm REAL glad the rules have changed in here! :stoned:

Have a good one!:thumbsup:

Do Away With the Lounge?

The key to happiness is contained in the first 2 rules of Fight Club ....

Do Away With the Lounge?

Cafe Membership was always touted as a means of users suporting and donating to the site. the perks associated with cafemembership are just that. So it is a donation rather than buying more features. In either case, there is a moratorium on cafe memberships at the moment and will be resumed later when taken a look at. So if any of you have any suggestions within our policies, please say so. I am sure time to time cafe members like to have a more quiet area to post in, etc.

Do Away With the Lounge?

Quote Originally Posted by DonnieDarko
    The key to happiness is contained in the first 2 rules of Fight Club ....
    Excellent! LOL...
    Those are my principles. If you don\'t like them I have others. -Groucho Marx

Do Away With the Lounge?

why was my post deleted? i posted here last night?

Do Away With the Lounge?

Quote Originally Posted by robert42
    why was my post deleted? i posted here last night?
    i don't see any deleted posts man.. looking through your posts, they're all there...

weird eh?

Bob.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast