Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1510 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick way to test a scales accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by mastahaze
    yeah, but if you buy a sack you should always weigh out of bag, or if u dont want residue on ur scale, just rip off the zip part of the bag because it ways alot.... my freind bought an ounce, and he weiged it in bag, and the bag was a big hefty with a easy zip lock, and the bag weighed 3.6.... and the ounce weighed out to 28.4 in bag
    Or else have 2 identical bags 1 to put the weed in for and then you wiegh the other to check wieght of the bags then minus that from the bag with the weed. Another way is to put the bag on the scale then zero out the scale and then put the weed in. And that dollar thing is a really good idea unless you have a fucked up dollar.
    D-Row

2.   Advertisements

Okay, so if you have a hand scale and its say a half a gram off (it says the nickel I tested it with weighs 4.5) how would you go about fixing that little error?

there should be a way to calibrate your scale...my scales are all a little different, but easy to do.

its one of those pocket scales, the metal hand scales, I have no idea how to calibrate one and its half a gram off.

I use a piece of aluminum foil folded into a "boat". My scale has a tare so I utilize it.

As for accuracy, yes the coins work well. Just make sure you use the newest available coin since time and use usually equal wear. And they have changed weight of the penny quite a few times in recent history.

Quote Originally Posted by DaWikidClown
    its one of those pocket scales, the metal hand scales, I have no idea how to calibrate one and its half a gram off.
    Like the little hanging scales you get at the post office?

The small digital scales use 50 gms to calibrate. don't have a weight? Use 10 nickles. they weigh 50 gms!!! RTFM!!! :S2: :thumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke45
    no its 5 grams
    not really. You can't use a nickle for accurate weight. Because some nickles can weigh as low as 4.8 and as high as 5.2 So it isn't always accurate. And having a bag weight .4 off isn't something that you want.

Check multiple coins or add the weight together.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast