Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1672 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Weed Sushi

I've recently become enamored with sushi and decided to try and combine it with one of life's other great treats: weed. I've made various brownies, cookies, and cakes in the past so I feel somewhat experienced with cooking with marijuana, but sushi has no oil, butter, or fatty things in it, presenting me with a problem.

My first attempt was simple: make bud butter (used between an 8th and a 4th for trial purposes) and mix it into the rice. Since the amount of rice in a single roll isn't very much at all (and I make big fuckin rolls), it was oversaturated with the butter, becoming very greasy and really wreaking (tasting strongly, too) of weed. This wasn't really a deterent, since most weed foods taste/look like shit anyway, and there are enough flavors in sushi to mask the taste in the final product. So I finished most of the roll (about 11 pieces, 12 pieces total) in 15 minutes as my first meal of the day, and let my mom have the final piece to see if it passed the taste test (it did, she had no clue until I told her - weed actually tastes remarkably similar to seaweed, and fresh wasabi can mask scent like a mofo).

Half hour later, felt nothing. Hour later, felt nothing. Went to play some basketball, felt nothing. Needless to say I was pretty dissappointed. So I guess mixing bud butter into the rice was a faulty idea... what other ways would make this possible? My next attempt will involve steaming the rice with bud infused milk as apposed to water... however I won't get to try this for another 5 months, as I am out of the country until then and am afraid of cops picking on me as a foreigner.

Has anyone else tried this?
    mattdestruction Reviewed by mattdestruction on . Weed Sushi I've recently become enamored with sushi and decided to try and combine it with one of life's other great treats: weed. I've made various brownies, cookies, and cakes in the past so I feel somewhat experienced with cooking with marijuana, but sushi has no oil, butter, or fatty things in it, presenting me with a problem. My first attempt was simple: make bud butter (used between an 8th and a 4th for trial purposes) and mix it into the rice. Since the amount of rice in a single roll isn't Rating: 5
    Bitch: I smell some reefer... now you see? That\'s why, our people don\'t have anything, because we don\'t know how to go in places and act prope-
    Smoker: Hey, shut the fuck up!

2.   Advertisements

Weed Sushi

weed sushi - great idea, but only hypotheticly, I'm afraid :(
    as I know, there's a need of heating weed in case of activateing THC.
    so maybe it's a good idea to use bud influenced milk, but I'm not sure if it works and rice will stick together ( as it do with water ) and be sushi like.

Weed Sushi

the starch in the rice counteracted with the thc. Too much rice. Not enough thc. It usually takes more thc to get you buzzed when cooking with it. I suggest at least one ounce cooked in butter for at least one hour. Not that fake butter crap. just let it simmer the whole time. Dont have your burner on high. Just turn it on the first setting and your good. Use this amount in a small cake or brownie or any type of food the requires butter.
    As far a sushie goes. Make some fresh butter mix. Then dip your fish into it. Like most people do with soy sauce. This will trip your ass out.
    Have fun and remember to smoke a fatty for all those who lost their freedom because of the fucking bastards thats ruining our country. Yes i mean the government. Just burn one for them. Support NORML. There a good organization. I'm out. :rasta:

Weed Sushi

Quote Originally Posted by kefkataus
    . Too much rice. Not enough thc.
    like 6 punds of rice ;D bon apetite.

Weed Sushi

As much as i love sushi i think you are out of luck. But possible if you made rice pudding with the weed it have enough fat to mess you up. You could even try wrapping that in nori.

Weed Sushi

mash the butter into the avocado! It would be like guacamole paste or something, and lots of sushi incorporates avocado flavors.
    The fools are at the bottom of it all.
    :yippee::woohoo:

Weed Sushi

I love sushi as well.
    But im afraid you will just have to eat a good brownie, and then once you are floored, eat some sushi. imp:

Weed Sushi

There is allot of kick ass sushi that has some cooked shrimp or other battered goodness in it. I would try and make a weed batter and then the heat from frying should cook it up just fine.

Weed Sushi

Do a deep fried roll and use cannabis oil and/or you can soak the seaweed in cannabis oil before, moon light roll would be awesome that away