Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1343 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Specific strains for chronic pain and anxiety/nausea??

Hi there- I'm a 27 yr old, who's been suffering from post-operative nerve damage/pain for the last 5 years. I used to really hate pot, since my heart is a little wonky, and has a slight arhythmia- cannabis used to make this worse, so I stopped smoking when I was 15.
    I was recently at a Dark Star Orchestra show, and noticed that from all the second hand smoke, I was feeling a bit better, so I got my Drs letter, and went to the clubs.
    So far, Romulan has been the best strain for me- it seems to really help with my pain, and doesn't mess with my head at all. Are there any other strains like this? I HATE the body load feeling that pot gives- but the Romulan strain doesn't seem to do it. I am sticking with Indicas mostly, since I know they're more mellow- however, I am very open to suggestions as to any other strains which might be helpful for me. THANK YOU SO MUCH for any/all help!

PS- My father is a type A personality, and prone to panic attacks, but his Docs want him to try cannabis because he is nauseous all the time- is there a specific strain of pot that isn't too strong which relaxes muscles, calms one down, and brings on the munchies, without giving too much of a spacey feeling? Thanks again!
    EndlessSky Reviewed by EndlessSky on . Specific strains for chronic pain and anxiety/nausea?? Hi there- I'm a 27 yr old, who's been suffering from post-operative nerve damage/pain for the last 5 years. I used to really hate pot, since my heart is a little wonky, and has a slight arhythmia- cannabis used to make this worse, so I stopped smoking when I was 15. I was recently at a Dark Star Orchestra show, and noticed that from all the second hand smoke, I was feeling a bit better, so I got my Drs letter, and went to the clubs. So far, Romulan has been the best strain for me- it seems Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Well, from personal experience, Id say Lowryder. I grow that particular strain myself, and I just love the high it gives. It makes me feel relaxed - note, NOT couchlocked - and also gives me just enough energy to babble. Its also a short lived high at around 2 hours, and Ive found that it only gives the munchies after the high has gone. Its also quite moderate in strength compared to other strains at around 10% THC. Sadly, I dont think MMJ clubs would stock this strain, so the only way around it would be to grow your own.

Im sure theres hundreds more strains out there that are more readily available though, and someone will surely give some input as to something that will work just aswell.

http://encyclopedia.tfd.com/List+of+cannabis+strains

Check out that list. I'd bet you'd want an Indica, or dominant.

Indica
    Developed Varieties

* Afghani #1
    * Butterscotch Hawaiian
    * Early Girl
    * G-SUS
    * Kush
    * Mango
    * Mazar
    * Newberry
    * Northern Lights #1
    * Northern Lights #5
    * Nutcruncher
    * Oasis (NL)

Landrace (Pure) Varieties

* Afghani (Lowland, Highland - Afghan kush)
    * Chinese
    * Iranian
    * Lebanese
    * Moroccan (Kif)
    * North Indian
    * Pakistani
    * Tajikistani
    * Turkish
    * Uzbekistani

I agree with beachguy on the dominant part, you'd probably want like 70% Indica/30% Sativa or something, so you can have the nice pain relief and mellowness of Indica, but have some of that head high/energy that Sativa can give so you won't burn out.