Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1678 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Does cloning during flowering make weak or hermie plants?

i will be starting my experiment in 3 days. "waiting on FedX to get here for the last bit of supplies.

I have no choice but to clone my buds because my dumb ass wife thought that the choppers were on there way and through them in he hills. in short the plant stems ripped off and i only found 7 out of 50 heads that were on the plant. They were around 8 days in to budding. and were 100% outside plants.

I have been looking for days on the answer to the question, "Can you clone Buds, and does it grow a straight Bud?".. well im doing just that in a few days and i will keep in touch about what happens.

Just havent decided if im going to use hydro or soil. but should work either way so i may try both ways... who knows. i will be taking pictures and/or making video of the process so other can wither see ti does work or that it is a total waste of time and a failure.

2.   Advertisements

Wow, first impression... I'm sure your 'dumb ass wife' thought she was saving your ass. Considering the time of year, it's possible she did. Someone close to me just got busted (and 5 other houses on the SAME STREET) for plants the choppers found.
    Anyway... I'm glad you have such a mutually respectful relationship; glad it works for you. Now, can ya try not to rub it in our faces?

Yes

hey guys,

currently i am growing a clone from a flowering mother. it had an about 3/4 inch size bud on it (best branch i could fine). i rooted it in a dome, with no rooting stimulant, i'm really surprised that it worked and it only took like a week for signs of growth to appear. Now it's been about 3 weeks since it rooted. The small round leaves on the bud have been getting bigger and new white hairs are still forming even though its on a 18/6 lighting cycle, i'm thinking that the plant still thinks its in a flowering state and hopefully will change back to vegetative. The clone has three smaller branches all of which are growing normally. The has been no sign of it going hermie. So, as far as i know i think that you can take a clone from a flowering mother (:

i'll keep you guys up to date with my clone's process and maybe i can get some pictures too.

MJ

Check the date. This thread is almost 2 years since it's last post.

Likely best to start your own thread, in the appropriate section. :thumbsup:

Haha another revival. Cloning from a flowering plant is no problem. There will be a delay before it reverts to vegging though. But if you are trying to save genetics, yes it will work and no the quality will not be compromised.

Some growers say that if it is 5 weeks into flowering it will take ~5 weeks to revert to vegging (not sure if this includes the 2 weeks to get roots going) .

I have taken a cutting from a Puna Budder that was basically just a chunk of bud. It rooted in 2 weeks and took about 5-6 weeks before healthy vegetative growth was restored. It became a big and beautiful plant and behaves normally.

I clone and after 5 days uncover and place under the plants just enough light to penetrate. After another week I place them as normal and all goes well, 98% success rate lol. But have found that cloning takes way to long for me, But regeneration is the way some people don't, but from personal experience I cut to a foot with some small growth still on it, and right about 1 month no more I had a 5 foot plant so, everybody has their own way.

Just got done rooting some plants from girls in 3 weeks of flowering. took 50 cuttings and 43 survived, kept 30 of the strongest and am vegging out the 30 and then will keep 15 of the strongest/best looking.

The clone, even though taken in flower, will be a exact genetic copy of the mother plant. It will be identical in everyway, smell, taste, growth structure,yield, ect.

2 of my strains have been cloned for 3 years. before i had a veg room i would always have to take cuttings late into flower, re veg them, and then veg them again for the next cycle. same god damn plant every run. You wont see any genetic decline.....

Quote Originally Posted by grow4fun
    Hi all.
    Does anyone know if clones taken from flowering plants will produce inferior plants when theyâ??re grown out, with a lower yield, or is the only drawback the longer rooting time?
    Has anyone done this and noticed a difference in yield?
    I have done this plenty of times, mainly on outdoor plants where lower branches aren't going to do anything and never had any ill effects on the plant or clones. Just take your cuts, get some gel or w/e you use for rooting compound put em nder 18-24 hrs of light and give em a week or two, mist em if theyre lookin a little wilty. Just my two cents though. Good luck with your grow. Stay Green!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12