Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1462 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Would these fans do the job (400W HPS).

Hey, Im planning on building a 5'6"H X 2'6"W X 2'4"L Grow box, im gonna use a 400W HPS light with a Sylvania bulb. Im planning on getting these and having one for active intake/blowing on plants and 1 for cooling the heat from the light.
    ---> http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...%3ACA%3A1&rd=1
    Do you think theyed do the trick? Im also gonna make a Carbon filter for my exhaust.
    MrGreenFingaz Reviewed by MrGreenFingaz on . Would these fans do the job (400W HPS). Hey, Im planning on building a 5'6"H X 2'6"W X 2'4"L Grow box, im gonna use a 400W HPS light with a Sylvania bulb. Im planning on getting these and having one for active intake/blowing on plants and 1 for cooling the heat from the light. ---> http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7617002059&sspagename=ADME%3AL%3ARTQ%3ACA%3A1&rd=1 Do you think theyed do the trick? Im also gonna make a Carbon filter for my exhaust. Rating: 5
    :rambo:

2.   Advertisements

WAY too small ............. :smokin:
    it\'s disgraceful what the dumbass website owner \'Sundance\' did to this website, it used to be the Best

Ok, Thanks.

How about these ones i just found-- http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...DME:L:RTQ:CA:1 do you think those are decent quality???

Nope

You should use an air mover with a reating of several hundred cfm.

Try to locate a dayton or vortex blower.

Those only put out at most in the low 50 cfm at most. It may work in a small grow area for fresh air in but not an active exhause.

Sorry

Hit a Walmart or some mega-hardware store...$5-10 desk or personal fans move tons of air, are small enough to hang, clamp, shove, anywhere ya want. That and they're plug n play. No need to wire anything.
    I have a fan directly under my two 150 hps lamps, upside down to pull the hot air down before it rises up and reaches the plant, directly under that fan is another at a 90 degree angle (facing rightside up and pulling on the air that the other is blowing down blowing it out away from the closet.
    The lamps are hella close to the plants...with how the fans are arranged, the leaves bask in the light less than 10'' from the lamps. No burn..not even a lil singe.

You want added peace of mind...get some air duct flex tubing and aim it tween your plants and lights. With that set up, the temps I see never go above 80 degrees. Usually tween 74-78 degrees.
    It's rigged to all hell my closet grow is...but damned if it doesn't work like a charm!

thats gonna be a proper hot box witha 400hps

my extractor fuked up last night (faulty timer)

i still had a 95m3h inlet fan and a 12" ocilator goin but temp was 46c this morning

to keep my tent @ 26c i need a 590m3h on constant + inlet + circulator with the 600 hps my grow tent has 3-4m3 of airspace

IIRC, you want a fan with CFM (cubic feet per minute) of three times the cubic feet of your grow cabinet.

Your cabinet's cubic feet are around 31 feet.

Therefore, 3*31=93 CFM should be the minimum rating of your exhaust fan.

Look into getting a squirrel cage fan with 100+ CFM. They are powerful and fairly compact. Durable, too.

You can also lookinto getting a hurricane fan as well, but I don't have any experience with those.

k thanks for the help, ill look into that, yea im tryin to stay away from dayton/vortex blowers due to funding (funny how ill spend 200$ on weed like its nothing though..) I know it'd prob be worth it, but im tryin to find alternatives. Its 5" across, its old but seems to blow pretty good. ill post a pic or 2 once my shitty ebay webcam comes in the mail

where else can i find dayton/vortex fans other than ebay??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast