Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1734 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

WTF IS WRONG WITH IOWA LEGISLATURE?

http://www.mpp.org/IA/news/11256.mpp

Iowa: In The News

Ban Rock Concerts and Football Games?
    Brocktown News; February 9, 2006
    By Staff & agencies

DES MOINES ?? An Iowa sheriff??s decision to hand out tickets instead of arrests for small amounts of marijuana invited a lawmaker??s slap that it would be simpler to ban rock concerts and football games.

Johnson County Sheriff Lonny Pulkrabek, who oversees the University of Iowa in Iowa City, told a legislative committee he would treat possession of small amounts of marijuana like a traffic violation, allowing hundreds of students arrested each year to graduate without a criminal record.

??The guy that??s carrying 50 bales of marijuana ? that??s a different animal,? Pulkrabek said, adding he favored rounding up intoxicated people in a locked ??detox center? in lieu of the crowded jail.

But Republican legislator Clel Baudler, a former state trooper, shot down the notion as sending the wrong message to drug users and abusers.

??We could simplify law enforcement??s job if we didn??t have rock concerts. We could simplify their job a lot quicker if we just didn??t have football games there where we arrest hundreds of drunks over the weekend.? Baudler said.

u gota be fing kidding me
    if they even attempted to ban football games their would be mass riots in iowa city i guarentee it. and same goes for rock concerts that all we have is rock concerts and football. wtf else is there to do in iowa except smoke weed?
    D.Boone Reviewed by D.Boone on . WTF IS WRONG WITH IOWA LEGISLATURE? http://www.mpp.org/IA/news/11256.mpp Iowa: In The News Ban Rock Concerts and Football Games? Brocktown News; February 9, 2006 By Staff & agencies DES MOINES ?? An Iowa sheriff??s decision to hand out tickets instead of arrests for small amounts of marijuana invited a lawmaker??s slap that it would be simpler to ban rock concerts and football games. Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

I agree with you D.Boone, I live in Creston and all we have is football and concerts in Des Moines. If they take that away from us then what the hell are we supposed to do besides smoke are weed.

My bad lol, didnt notice I pretty much said the same thing man.

“We could simplify law enforcement‘s job if we didn‘t have rock concerts. We could simplify their job a lot quicker if we just didn‘t have football games there where we arrest hundreds of drunks over the weekend.” Baudler said.

hope you figured this out by now.... but he was being sarcastic lol

hahaha just thought I'd point that shit out bro.

yea maybe he was being sarcastic but he was also attacking any efforts to decriminalize marijuana, the guy that said that will say anything to help his cause, which is why i posted this thread.