Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1458 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Argemone Mexicana "Prickly Poppy"

ok here I copies and pasted from the net,
    Prickly Poppy

Botanical Background

The Prickly Poppy, or Argemone Mexicana, is native to Mexico and the southwest USA. It is a member of the Papaveraceae family and grows very readily and quickly from seed. The Prickly Poppyâ??s leaves and seeds are covered with spines but it blooms delicate white flowers with yellow centers.

History

The properties of the Prickly Poppy plant have been utilized for both medicinal and recreational purposes. It has treated many medical ailments including fevers, inflammation, cancer and warts. The Prickly Poppy has even been utilized as an anesthetic for surgery. Prickly Poppy was originally used by Mexican and American natives as a smudging herb because the seeds produce a latex ooze with narcotic properties. The natives also smoked the leaves and petals to induce a euphoric sedative effect. Today, the purgative qualities of the ooze treats warts, cold sores and blemishes and the expectorant effects of the flower petals treat coughs and chest congestion.

The Effects

Prickly Poppy contains many alkaloid substances that are similar to other psychoactive plants but without the hallucinogenic properties. The chemical components of the Prickly Poppy include propopine, berberine and several isoquinilines. When smoked, the Prickly Poppy mildly depresses the central nervous system, reduces pain and produces euphoric effects.

Dosage

Usually one rolled cigarette of dried Prickly Poppy is sufficient to produce an euphoric effect lasting for 30 minutes. This effect is similar to that of cannabis. No side effects have been related to using Prickly Poppy and the probability for addiction is low.

2.   Advertisements

lol I meant to say "I copied" hehe

but anyway I can send ya a shitload of the Datura Stramonium seeds because I grew them and harvested the seedpods but dont go messing with them lol. I wouldn't advise making tea or anything because theres a fine line between tripping off of them and death. What I do is just smoke the flowers or leaves mixed with mj and not too much either.

Hey buddy thanks for the info.That's crazy,most species of poppy contain alkaloids.It is a very beutiful poppy plant.I can't wait to get mine going.My MCcormicks have started to flower,and yeah they are tiny pods.I should have thinned em.I got one good one though.I've tried the datura and I'll never do that shit again,although I could use some seeds for planting,good buddy.Let me know.PEACE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12