Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1584 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Any Religious potheads out there?

ive recently been confronted by a church friend/mentor about smoking the ganj. He was blasting (not in anger) me with reasons about how its addicting but I thwarted that attack. He then went off about it harming a relationship with god. I grew up in the church and dont go anymore but i still live a postitive lifetyle, besides weed because I dont think weed is bad. I just could use some advice if there are any christian potheads and if they exist.

If you are atheist or a non-beleiver, please dont post your bullshit. thanks.
    brave little toaster Reviewed by brave little toaster on . Any Religious potheads out there? ive recently been confronted by a church friend/mentor about smoking the ganj. He was blasting (not in anger) me with reasons about how its addicting but I thwarted that attack. He then went off about it harming a relationship with god. I grew up in the church and dont go anymore but i still live a postitive lifetyle, besides weed because I dont think weed is bad. I just could use some advice if there are any christian potheads and if they exist. If you are atheist or a non-beleiver, please Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Im not a religious person, but from what Ive heard and read, Jesus used marijuana and hemp. I'd also think that if Jesus were around today, he'd encourage smoking. All the pot heads I know are caring people who actually care about relevant things and arent caught up with material things, greed, selfishness etc. Id smoke Jesus out!!

God put hemp and CANNABIS here on our earth, and he is the one that made the first person ever smoke it. So you can tell your friend that he has no fucking idea what hes on about. Everything in the world was put here by god, and its fairly obvious that it was put here to human consumption.

I'd agree with the above poster. I'm not that religious and never go to church but sort of believe in a higher power. I went to religious schools and have a fairly high moral code. I think pot approached in the right way can be very beneficial to your spirituality. It can open you up to your thoughts and makes you examine your actions. It makes you appreciate nature and helps bond people together. Some of the nicest most caring people I have ever met have been what some people would call complete druggies.

For me, smokin' the herb is often an intensely spiritual experience. Now, I myself am not Christian but am what I consider to be a spiritual person, opting to follow a path similar to Wicca. I hardly think that marijuana distances you from God or the 'higher power', rather that it brings you closer. And if this guy starts Bible Bashing you or telling you that everything about cannabis is wrong, simply tell him that you find yourself closer to God and your soul whilst smoking marijuana. If he's still getting stuck into you, offer him a bowl and if he somehow accepts, get yourself in the most chilled settings possible and meditate or peace out. If he's still telling you that marijuana is devil's work, then he's fucking crazy.

Peace

Dude I'm an atheist so this is sorta an objective opinion. I don't see how cannabis should affect someone religiously, its like LIP said; its God's holy herb and he put it here himself.

But I have never ever ever never ever met a ganja smoking church-goer that didn't try to scam me out of my money. Just saying thats all.

Quote Originally Posted by brave little toaster
    ive recently been confronted by a church friend/mentor about smoking the ganj. He was blasting (not in anger) me with reasons about how its addicting but I thwarted that attack. He then went off about it harming a relationship with god. I grew up in the church and dont go anymore but i still live a postitive lifetyle, besides weed because I dont think weed is bad. I just could use some advice if there are any christian potheads and if they exist.

If you are atheist or a non-beleiver, please dont post your bullshit. thanks.
    According to God cannabis is good.

"I made ALL the seed bearing herbs and saw that this was good"
    -God

"NOTHING i made shall be neglected if it is to be recieved with thansgivings"
    -God

"It isnt what a man puts in his mouth that makes him unclean, but that which comes out of his mouth makes him unclean"
    -Jesus

"Use my seeded herbs to heal man and to help heal nations"

-God

A Christian belief is that God cant make a mistake, therefore those christians who call Gods plants a mistake cant be right.
    As a matter of fact, the "prohibitionist" who use God to justify thier behavior, are addressed in Mathew....."In later times....some shall speak in hypocrisy...commanding that thou(you and me) should abstain(not use) from using that which i created". Key word? Hypocrisy.

Ahhhh i see........here's what must of happened...........On the eight day God was resting and looking down at all of his wonderful work when he had realised that he left all of that Cannabis down there, and he said, "Shit!!!! i left all of that Cannabis down there and now people are going to think i want them to use it. I better create republicans and democrats to correct my mistake"

dai*ma:stoned:
    An Atheist prayer i would like to share...."Dear God...please protect me from your followers"

hee hee another fan of Bill Hicks what a geezer that guy was. Interesting quotes from the bible too.

God saw that the cannabis was dying. So he sent a great flood to ......

Moses spoke to the burning bush.....

Quote Originally Posted by growitandsmokeit
    hee hee another fan of Bill Hicks what a geezer that guy was. Interesting quotes from the bible too.
    I like what Bill says about education. Bill says..." What we should do is have congress pass a law that prohibits people from learning anything. If that works as well as the drugwar we should have the smartest people on earth in no time"

dai*ma:stoned:
    I've been through seven managers five labels a thousand picks and patched cables three vans a band a buncha guitar stands and cans and can and can of beer and bottles of booze and bags of pot and a thousand other things i forgot i thought that i'd be dead by now...........but i'm not.:thumbsup:

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast