Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1438 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Lip reading.

I was wondering if anyone can lip read and if so how long it took to learn.I imagine it is quite difficult because some people mumble so hardly move their lips and some people talk faster than others.
    HiddenBeauty Reviewed by HiddenBeauty on . Lip reading. I was wondering if anyone can lip read and if so how long it took to learn.I imagine it is quite difficult because some people mumble so hardly move their lips and some people talk faster than others. Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Lip reading.

Well, Ive learnt to lip read over the years when my mum decided to do the hoovering when I was watching Eastenders or Futurama. I can only pick out certain words though... and its pretty impossible to do with a cartoon.
    Sometimes when Im stoned I turn the sound down and make up my own storyline. Does that count?

Lip reading.

Lol I bet you come up with some funny stuff.I try to lip read but I am not very good so I have the subtitles on when it's noisy in the room.

Lip reading.

This little old lady came into the store the other day, and we had a five - ten minute conversation about her grandkids, and what she wanted to buy for them, found her the right toy, took it to the till and as I was putting it through I asked her something else and she didn't reply, so I looked up and probably looked a bit confused because she said "sorry, did you just say something? I'm deaf, and I've been lip-reading up to now." I was like wow, I hadn't even realised because she didn't pause before replying, or get anything wrong and I totally hadn't realised she was reading my lips!

Lip reading.

I thought it was only deaf people or people with hearing aids that know how to do this, its quite hard to lip read.

Lip reading.

I can kinda of lip read, but not well. Altohugh i can get the jist of a convo between 2 people

Lip reading.

i tryed to lip read but i found it more fun to make up funny crap instead of what there saying

Lip reading.

Quote Originally Posted by psychopixi
    This little old lady came into the store the other day, and we had a five - ten minute conversation about her grandkids, and what she wanted to buy for them, found her the right toy, took it to the till and as I was putting it through I asked her something else and she didn't reply, so I looked up and probably looked a bit confused because she said "sorry, did you just say something? I'm deaf, and I've been lip-reading up to now." I was like wow, I hadn't even realised because she didn't pause before replying, or get anything wrong and I totally hadn't realised she was reading my lips!
    It really is amazing and I cant help thinking that being deaf somehow makes it easier to learn.I know when you lose your sight your hearing is meant to get better but this is different from that.

I wouldnt mind learning sign language as it looks alot easier to learn but i'm not sure how my stoned memory would cope with it :stoned:

Lip reading.

i can read lips
    i'm not sure its something that you can just teach yourself though.
    the only reason i can do it is because my mom had throat cancer and had her voice box removed when i was a kid.

necessity is the mother of invention