Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1548 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Favorite book

I love to read. When im stoned I get lost in a book for an hour or two and forget about everything else and let my imagination wonder. I think reading sparks the brain and keeps it sharp.

I just reread my favorite book. "Rebels In Blue" It's about a young couple(Keith and Malinda Blaylock) in the Blue Ridge Mountains during the civil war. Keith Blaylock is the Bare Knuckle boxing champ of the Blue Ridge and everyone is kinda scared of him. They get sucked into fighting for the confederacy and when they get a chance they go to the northen lines and fight for the Union.

They lead small raiding parties back into the Blue Ridge and raid and murder confederates. especially ones they had a beef with before the war.This sparks a lifelong hatred between families. They are both shot multiple times in their excursions. The most serious being when Keith gets shot in the eyes with a musketball. He survives and continues fighting with one eye.

That description doesn't do that book justice but anyway what is your favorite book of all-time?
    rhino44 Reviewed by rhino44 on . Favorite book I love to read. When im stoned I get lost in a book for an hour or two and forget about everything else and let my imagination wonder. I think reading sparks the brain and keeps it sharp. I just reread my favorite book. "Rebels In Blue" It's about a young couple(Keith and Malinda Blaylock) in the Blue Ridge Mountains during the civil war. Keith Blaylock is the Bare Knuckle boxing champ of the Blue Ridge and everyone is kinda scared of him. They get sucked into fighting for the confederacy Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Favorite book

Hmm...prolly the Wizzard and Glass. 4th Dark tower book by stephen king. i don't know why, I just like it.
    [align=center]I was gone for a while and now I\'m back. :jointsmile: [/align]

Favorite book

aztec by gary jennings

if you got like a long time to kill
    this book will capture you and send
    back in time to the days of true warriors
    awesome book
    i especially like one character named "blood glutton"
    he was from the click "crazy dogs who wanna die"
    Love is patient and kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. Love is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, and it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres

Favorite book

Quote Originally Posted by friendowl
    aztec by gary jennings

if you got like a long time to kill
    this book will capture you and send
    back in time to the days of true warriors
    awesome book
    i especially like one character named "blood glutton"
    he was from the click "crazy dogs who wanna die"

I read part of Aztec but never got around to the full thing.

I love reading, im into mostly fantasy, my favorite book of all time though i think is Battlefield Earth by L. Ron Hubbard. Please dont say the movie sucked so the book most of sucked, the only the similar between the two are the character names. The book is amazing and never gets old for me and ive read it like 5 times.

Favorite book

Electric Cool Aid Acid Test by Tom Wolfe

essential reading for lovers of weed and hallucinogens

Favorite book

If you want a glimpse of the future read 1984 by George Orwell...kinda trippy since some of the stuff in the book is already happining...

Favorite book

big brother is watching always
    Love is patient and kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. Love is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, and it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres

Favorite book

i dont have a favorite but I have a list:
    The Count of Monte Cristo - best revenge i ever read
    Chronicles of Narnia - all seven
    Tales of the Vampires - by Anne Rice, two movies from that are "interview with the vampire" and "queen of the damned" but the second movie was like two pages out of the book.
    Jane Eyre -
    Pride and Prejudice -
    Brave New World - about a future that is full of test tube babies
    Clockwork Orange - what if the government put a chip in your head and made you be good
    Louis Royo - actually thats an artist but I have all his art books and their hot
    S-M the last taboo - a history of sadomasochism

Favorite book

Been Down So Long It Looks Like Up To Me.
    written by Richard Farina.

before hippies were hippies and paregoric-dipped pall malls were easier to find than herb, there was Gnosos Papadopolis.
    i won't even go into the story, but i read a LOT and this is the one book i read at least once a year.

Favorite book

Shantaram - Gregory David Roberts

Andy Mcnab - bravo two zero

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast