Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1523 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

fungus gnats

I have been battling fungus gnats with yellow sticky traps. They are winning. Yesterday I cut up a bunch of garlic (nice and stinky) and spread it around the base of the plants. Yesterday, I had swarms of fungus gnats and today I saw a couple. I've done this in the past with my indoor plants and it works.
    Gen Reviewed by Gen on . fungus gnats I have been battling fungus gnats with yellow sticky traps. They are winning. Yesterday I cut up a bunch of garlic (nice and stinky) and spread it around the base of the plants. Yesterday, I had swarms of fungus gnats and today I saw a couple. I've done this in the past with my indoor plants and it works. Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

fungus gnats

thanks Gen. Just got back from the hydro store...heheheheheheheh

fungus gnats

good

fungus gnats

fungus gants are annouing lil creatures.
    they make me feel dirty.
    lil basturds
    Love is patient and kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. Love is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, and it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres

fungus gnats

friend owl, such poety.

fungus gnats

poetry

fungus gnats

alright, the fungus gnats are back again. Just a couple, but I thought the garlic would totally eradicate them. I guess I have too many plants. Next, I'm going to try wrapping the soil containers in grow cloth. If they can't land and lay eggs on a wet surface, they can't breed.

fungus gnats

But they live in the dirt. The ones they lay eggs are already in the dirt.

If you can find some Gnatrol will get rid of them and not harm the plants. They sell it here http://www.bghydro.com/BGH/items.asp?Cc=PC&Bc=

As well as pure Neem oil. They will work but the think you need to know is you need to treat the plants every 3 day's for about 2 weeks to break the life cycle of them. You may kill the ones you see but the ones you don't see yet are just as big of a problem.

That link also have a room fogger that can kill them as well.

That's about all the help I can give you but it's also all the help you need to get rid of them too. As for homemade remedies not all of them work for gnats, most are for other mites or insects that I know of.

Good luck

fungus gnats

thanks z

I just read off ic forum to use potato slices to help reduce infestation. They will lay their eggs on the potato slices then can be removed. I layed a few pieces out and came back 1/2 hour later. I could see the eggs and larvae. The larvae can jump (like a flea) to get away. I rinsed the slices off and stuck them back. If I do this about 25 times today, I can help reduce the population.

fungus gnats

Those little bastards become very annoying! It's one of the main reasons I switched to hydro. Haven't seen one since.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast