Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1509 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Sativa ..Indica ,,whats the difference?

Ok, i really dont know whats the difference between the 2 strains.. i.e. what the high is like, which grow easier, which have better highs, which are blah blah blah.. would appreciate a link for more info if ya got it..
    Thx
    Crimsondane Reviewed by Crimsondane on . Sativa ..Indica ,,whats the difference? Ok, i really dont know whats the difference between the 2 strains.. i.e. what the high is like, which grow easier, which have better highs, which are blah blah blah.. would appreciate a link for more info if ya got it.. Thx Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

also , is there maybe another type of strain out there besides the hybrid indica/sativa?

Sativas, Indicas, and hybrids between the two are the only things that produce enough THC (what you want). A sativa (like Haze) high is more "cerebral" - i.e. it is more stimulating (as much as pot can be anyway) and is good if you want a trippy energetic sort of high (what I like because I can still do things and maintain some motivation). Indicas (like Northern Lights which is mostly indica) are a "stoned" high - i.e. they are the type that cause you to stare at a wall for an hour (or just sit and not want to do anything). A hybrid (White Widow - an excellent strain) is naturally somewhere in the middle, depending on how much the cross leans one way or another, you'll get effects that are predisposed to that direction. Some people like one, some another, its all personal preference. I think indicas are a little easier to grow because you don't have to worry about their height as much as sativas (sativas grow much taller than indicas, which stay lower and get wider). Additionally, they seem to be a little heartier, more forgiving, and resistant to abuse/neglect etc (intentional or unintentional)...

www.erowid.org for all things psychotropic...

There's also the notorious "ruderali" which is crap by itself, but is acclaimed in the hybrid form for its short seed-to-harvest time and its auto-flowering trait, which is seen in the now famous "lowryder" seeds.
    Mira el foto grande

Good comparison, delta.

I have much better luck with indicas than sativas, although I prefer the high of the sativa when smoked. The indicas I've grown seem to finish budding better, give more bud, and have given a better yield of extracted oil/gm than my sativas too. This is my personal experience. I live in very high latitudes and grow indoors. Low latitude growers and outdoor gardiners might have different experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsondane
    would appreciate a link for more info if ya got it..
    Here's a VERY good link for finding that information:
    http://boards.cannabis.com/search.php