Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1578 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

CalMag with GH 3 part nutes

The setup: Basically a bubbler / drip hybrid, my roots dangle into the reservoir which has an airstone. The grow is going great, we're in week 6.5 and my leaves have just started spotting (began last week and I understand this is normal), buds are shaping up nicely.

I'm still giving full strength nutes with RO'd water and will begin a pH'd flush next week. I've never noticed anything that looks like trace mineral deficiency; the leaves have always been an even green tone... so are trace minerals being provided from the nutes? I'm concerned that it wasn't getting CalMag because of the RO water.

Thanks!
    trianker Reviewed by trianker on . CalMag with GH 3 part nutes The setup: Basically a bubbler / drip hybrid, my roots dangle into the reservoir which has an airstone. The grow is going great, we're in week 6.5 and my leaves have just started spotting (began last week and I understand this is normal), buds are shaping up nicely. I'm still giving full strength nutes with RO'd water and will begin a pH'd flush next week. I've never noticed anything that looks like trace mineral deficiency; the leaves have always been an even green tone... so are trace Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

If you're using RO water you must replace the calcium lost from filtering. Use calmag + with your RO water. Your nutrients have trace elements in it as well (the micro), however, they do not contain all the goodies that the plants need.

If I worked at the store that sells R/O systems, I'd have a bunch of calmag+ on hand to sell with the filters.

GM

Quote Originally Posted by trianker
    I'm concerned that it wasn't getting CalMag because of the RO water.

Thanks!
    Why are you thinking that? How are you mixing the suplement CalMag Plus then?

Quote Originally Posted by Zandor
    Why are you thinking that? How are you mixing the suplement CalMag Plus then?
    My fault, I have not yet purchased CalMag, so I'm not even using it yet. If my plants are this far along (approaching 7 weeks flowering) is it even an issue? Again, I've seen nothing to make me think there is a deficiency, I just want my girl to have everything she needs.

Quote Originally Posted by GluteusMaximus
    If I worked at the store that sells R/O systems, I'd have a bunch of calmag+ on hand to sell with the filters.

GM
    The RO water is from one of those refill stations you see in grocery stores. Its a Culligan unit and I only use it when my delivered water runs out. The delivered water is from a "spring" and I'll need to do some research to find out their filtration methods.

Check the TDS of the water you get and see if it's zero or near zero. It could be that the water you're purchasing is suplimented and may already contain calcium.

It's my belief that calcium is necessary throughout the plants life. Better late than never in my opinion.

Just wanted to add that the micro has calcium in it, so you are providing it, however, if the water is RO water, then the micro needs a little help...ie...calmag+

GM

Well if you are at 7 weeks of flower then you are about 10 day's away from cutting them anyway give or take a few. No point in adding CalMag anyway there is no time for the plant to recover if there is a problem anyway.

Good luck dude....Just know if you use RO water then you need to have CalMag Plus to put back nutrients removed from the water by the RO process. It's not a bad thing to use CalMag plus with RO water anyway.