Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1669 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Sensi Seed Bank "Durban"

Hi folks. I am new here. I have had Sensi's Durban since '99. I find it to be one of the most pleasant smokes and highs I have ever encountered. Unfortunately,
    the plant seems to hold fertilizer, regardless of how much I rinse or what medium it is grown in. I understand that it is a pure strain from South Africa, could perhaps reproducing the soil type and nutrient profile give a more positive outcome? Suggestions welcomed. Thank you.
    durbman Reviewed by durbman on . Sensi Seed Bank "Durban" Hi folks. I am new here. I have had Sensi's Durban since '99. I find it to be one of the most pleasant smokes and highs I have ever encountered. Unfortunately, the plant seems to hold fertilizer, regardless of how much I rinse or what medium it is grown in. I understand that it is a pure strain from South Africa, could perhaps reproducing the soil type and nutrient profile give a more positive outcome? Suggestions welcomed. Thank you. Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Sensi Seed Bank "Durban"

I am sorry I don't have any answers for you , but mabey you could give me a few tips? I also have a durban plant, goin ok, about 3 ft 6 tops. Anyways all the leafs go yellow right away. I am 7 weeks into flowering, all the buds seem healthy, don't know whats wrong? How long do they take to finish? By the way, beautiful smell is'nt it!

Sensi Seed Bank "Durban"

i did the durban from both sensi and dutch passion and the sensi version, altho looked very similar to each other, did have an odd taste...especially when compared to dutch passion's durban (an all-time fave of mine). i only did both that one year (also '99) and gave away the rest of the sensi d.p. but kept the dutchpassion durb around far longer...in fact just ordered another batch...
    just to give you another idea for the possible answer...

btw...leaves will yellow (usually from bottom up) and drop off as the plant approaches harvest time...no worries...it's normal...

Sensi Seed Bank "Durban"

ive noticed the same thing with sensis durban. ive been growing both for a couple years and sensi has a funny taste compared t dutch passions

Sensi Seed Bank "Durban"

I appreciate the replies folks, but still not sure on what to do or think about the situation. This plant has been grown both in and out. (catalogue says outdoor). Like I mentioned before it holds fertilizer.... even in an organic situation.
    Is that problem present in any of your examples of it from either company?
    Is there another seed bank that is offering it that has proven to be superior? My yield has always been on the light side.. but the flowers are always tight and hard and fantastically fragrant. (lots of red-hair) The smoke is sativa, but potent sativa. Unlike many Indicas and crosses, I never fail to get a kick-ass buzz from it. It seems to posses that cannabinoid profile that is superior to indica. Although some prefer a narcotic high... I want to get an intense cerbral high and this fits the bill perfectly. Everyone who has tried it say they like the taste and high very much and are always wanting to smoke more. This variety finishes (under ideal conditions indoors) in 7 weeks. I have seen some other companies state it is done in 10 weeks. I would really hate to lose this strain, but if I haven't figured it out for 5 years, then I need to change the program.. BTW yellow leaves is normal especially if you cut it off of or reduce food. Sounds like you have another earlier finishing Durban.

Sensi Seed Bank "Durban"

Thanks and hope to here much more on this strain as I also have now fallen in love!

Sensi Seed Bank "Durban"

My DP is also yellowing from the bottom up. The buds are small and tight. From past experence I noted no real problem with the plant. It just seems to finish early. I got the seeds from Marc Emery.