Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1925 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

A Review on Miracle-Gro: Soil and Fertilizers

Quote Originally Posted by Garden Knowm
    Using the soil is much different than using the MG fertilizers..

The soil is a much larger challenge,.... and many people will have trouble with extended ... big yield grows using t his soil...

the nutrients are for "dummies".. i say this with an affectionate tone..

they are very straight forward....

love
    Yeah, using the soil is different from the fertilizer.

The soil, in any case with whatever fertilizer you're using, is pretty lethal to some strains of cannabis. Although, most 'strains' [ should say 'filthy crosses' ] of shwag I get around here take really well to the soil -- that is, they use every benefit it will provide and whatever I could provide it after wards.

The plant I might have mentioned earlier in the thread is still healthy as ever -- still sitting in Miracle-Gro soil that should have long since released all of the fertilizer capsules [ going on two and a half months ]. Still no signs of adverse effects unless you consider healthy a problem, and that's with feeding it a 1/4 teaspoon of 10-52-10 [ Miracle-Gro product ] every other watering.

Quote Originally Posted by ATL Remote
    Don't some of you tire so over this scientific mumbo-jumbo?
    NO.

In fact, I LOVE IT.

I love science and all of it's glory.

Why stare at the stars when you can point a telescope to it, analyze the spectrum, and figure out the distance, temperature, mass, radius, etc of a star that is millions of light years away?

Why stop at merely watering your plants and "letting it grow"?

I said science again!

3.   Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Kush Over
    Yeah, using the soil is different from the fertilizer.

The soil, in any case with whatever fertilizer you're using, is pretty lethal to some strains of cannabis. Although, most 'strains' [ should say 'filthy crosses' ] of shwag I get around here take really well to the soil -- that is, they use every benefit it will provide and whatever I could provide it after wards.

The plant I might have mentioned earlier in the thread is still healthy as ever -- still sitting in Miracle-Gro soil that should have long since released all of the fertilizer capsules [ going on two and a half months ]. Still no signs of adverse effects unless you consider healthy a problem, and that's with feeding it a 1/4 teaspoon of 10-52-10 [ Miracle-Gro product ] every other watering.

hey kush,
    what strain is this that can live in MG soil with no adverse side affects?
    Can you post a pic..?
    DO you know if clones or seeds of this strain are available?

I am very very curious : )
    thanks

Whatever. Incredible results can be had with a variety of strains, White Rhino for starters.

And...Bubblegum, AK47, White Widow, Purple Haze, Durban Poison, Ultra Skunk, Master Kush, Dream Weaver 9, California Orange and Skywalker to name a few. You can beat your brains out and experiment every three month's, but why bother? Miracle Gro is just fine!

What's the easiest soil to use with fertilizer for MG? Thanks.

I've got BC Bud Depot Pinewarp, HSO Trainwreck, 3 different G13's, and Dutch Passion Skunk #11 all in a soil mixture that includes Miracle Gro Potting Soil and Miracle Gro Organic Garden Soil, with compost, manure, peat, and "dirt from the woods" thrown in. All of my plants are doing pretty good. I don't doubt that I could have done a lot better, but I am on a budget and struggling more against pests than I am with soil. I have 3 footers now that I started germ process on 4-25.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123