Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1481 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Just a few questions from a new grower...

I am currently doing a closet grow with two plants, about 3 weeks in. Regretably, I dont have the skrilla for a camera, but the plants are fine. I just have a couple general questions regarding my setup, nutes, etc....

(1) I got bloodmeal to mix into my soil when I transplant right before flowering, but how can I use it before hand as a fertilizer? Tea? If so how? And I bought Miracle Grow Bloom Booster (10-52-10). How should I use this, and should I even use this?

(2) As to lights, I am currently vegging with a 65K 85w CFL bulb, and plan on adding 160w of 30K fluorescent tubes vertically when flowering begins. Is this adequate, and what kinda yield will it give me (assuming I get only 1 female)?

(3) I am growing sensi-skunk from sensiseed bank. I have searched like every forum (here, yahooka, icmag, etc. etc.), and it seems like no one grows this strain? Does anyone know of anything I should do/watch for in this particular strain?

(4) A big problem is gonna surface in like 1 1/2 weeks when I go home for Spring Break (in Law School, NEED to go home where I can smoke jah herb for the first time in like 2 months). This puts my plant at five weeks when I leave (and its for 11 days). Am I correctly assuming that I should flower afterwards to make sure I get the males out, and, secondly, how should I water my sexy ladies (knock on wood)? (the obvious problem is that all my "friends" are in law school, and giant douches, leaving my babies with no help)

(5) I want to LST, but is it worth it with only floros (Ive seen what Bobbong did), or should I just get thru my first grow trying to simply not kill them, and go at it as simply as possible?

(6) Thanks to anyone who bothers with this thread in advance. I am sure that you all hate lawyers and anyone who wants to be one, but remember what Peter Tosh said...
    wutangbanger Reviewed by wutangbanger on . Just a few questions from a new grower... I am currently doing a closet grow with two plants, about 3 weeks in. Regretably, I dont have the skrilla for a camera, but the plants are fine. I just have a couple general questions regarding my setup, nutes, etc.... (1) I got bloodmeal to mix into my soil when I transplant right before flowering, but how can I use it before hand as a fertilizer? Tea? If so how? And I bought Miracle Grow Bloom Booster (10-52-10). How should I use this, and should I even use this? (2) As to lights, Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

(1) I got bloodmeal to mix into my soil when I transplant right before flowering, but how can I use it before hand as a fertilizer? Tea? If so how? And I bought Miracle Grow Bloom Booster (10-52-10). How should I use this, and should I even use this?

I don't have much experience with Bloodmeal, but I would assume it would have been better to start them off in it, although I could be wrong. Another thing I would be careful of is when you transplant. You should transplant and then wait at least a week before triggering. This gives the roots time to establish themselves. Some people say this doesn't matter but I learned through experience that it does, at least with the strains that I have grown. Many people don't like Miracle Grow, but I have found it to be okay for budding. Veg is a different story. I prefer PH ballanced nutes that contain all your micro nutrients also. For bud though it should be fine.

(2) As to lights, I am currently vegging with a 65K 85w CFL bulb, and plan on adding 160w of 30K fluorescent tubes vertically when flowering begins. Is this adequate, and what kinda yield will it give me (assuming I get only 1 female)?

I am not a flourecent lover, but some people do okay with them. I would definitely add the extra lighting as soon as possible. I think you would do much better with a 250 watt HPS. The prices are good, but I understand when in school money is tight. Add the extra lights and you should be fine. Just don't veg too long as the light will not reach the bottoms and the size will just add extra time. If you only get one female you should be able to pull off an OZ. With a 250 watt you would most likely get double that. Okay, I know, I will stop pushing the HPS. I just know it would make you much happier, but enoughs enough.

(3) I am growing sensi-skunk from sensiseed bank. I have searched like every forum (here, yahooka, icmag, etc. etc.), and it seems like no one grows this strain? Does anyone know of anything I should do/watch for in this particular strain?

Sensi Skunk is a very forgiving plant. You will likely do very good with this strain as any skunk strain can take abuse (not to say you will abuse it). The only thing that might cause a problem is they can get quite tall, so you should clip the top shoots at about the second or third node. This will keep them short and bushy to an extent. Yeild is usually very good.

Well, I hope this helps a bit. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask. Good luck and chow for now!

TGT

I'm not experienced in most areas of interest, so I won't comment.

However, I was faced with the same problem you mentioned in (4). Two months ago I was going home for winter break (30 days) so I bought an Oasis watering system. It cost me $90, but it made my grow possible. Something like this might help you out.
    (I have no further use for the system, so I'm selling it now... http://boards.cannabis.com/showthread.php?t=52030 )

You also might be able to find something like this at a local gardening or hydroponics store. Good luck with everything.

joe.

http://www.firststreetonline.com/pro...11505&id=29686

If i had to, I'd use this..
    looks cool..

Just get a girlfriend from the area who you implicitly trust, have her water while you're gone.

I am much much less experienced than all of you, but I had a bad time w/ blood meal. It was my first grow and I think I killed them with it, If you check out my thread "what's the deal w/ blood meal?'' I got some pretty decent advice. I know that you should make a tea, using pantyhose, but I can't remember all the details right now, so check it out! AND GOOD LUCK. btw I don't hate lawyers, have fun on Spring Break

Alright, got back home yesterday and my plants survived, and even grew a lot. Now I have noticed another problem, that is there is very little secondary growth on one of plants. I have started it on 12/12 for one cycle now, and I cant really veg any longer. Is this lack of secondary growth going to really harm my yield (when I find out its female)?
    Also, nobody has commented, but my light system involves one 80w CFL (6500K) above the plants ,and 4 40W (3000K) bulbs hanging vertically. These are both at most 4 inches from the plants. Is this good? Bad?
    Lastly, I have noticed that bottom leaves have begun to yellow and crisp up, starting at the cotyledons and working up nodes. Other than that the plants look healthy, and one is especially sexy (FEMALE PLEASE!!! knock on wood).

PS...Thanks for all the help...I know I havent asked a lot of questions...but I gotta shout out to a lot of new growers and others that have threads that were real helpful (justaseed, bukdatass, puff, knowm, etc etc). I know you dont know me, but you have helped me beyond belief.

Quote Originally Posted by mountainman
    Just get a girlfriend from the area who you implicitly trust, have her water while you're gone.
    ummmmm...
    remember, when she catches you hammering her roomate...
    she will not understand that you really do love them both.. (her and her roomate)
    and then she will call the cops on you...

and 24 hours later, you'll be jerking off next to bubba... in a 4x 10 cell..

and this s the G rated scenario

i love you

Laughing....so.....hard......cant.......breathe... .......

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast