Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1586 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Compassionate use laws in Delaware

The Libertarian Party of Delaware is searching for Delaware residents who are medical marijuana activists, patients, and doctors to help push for a law that will prevent sick and dying people from going to jail for medicating themselves. If you would like to help please email [email protected], and provide your contact info. Of course the Libertarian Party of Delaware stands firm on it's principle that all drugs should be decriminalized, but we have to stand up for sick and dying people RIGHT NOW!
    Driven Reviewed by Driven on . Compassionate use laws in Delaware The Libertarian Party of Delaware is searching for Delaware residents who are medical marijuana activists, patients, and doctors to help push for a law that will prevent sick and dying people from going to jail for medicating themselves. If you would like to help please email [email protected], and provide your contact info. Of course the Libertarian Party of Delaware stands firm on it's principle that all drugs should be decriminalized, but we have to stand up for sick and Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

sorry,i don't think ALL drugs should be legal...if you guys just fought for Marijuana I'D FIGHT WITH YOU TIL THE DEATH...But sh@#! like cocaine,and heroine should be demonized...so i only support mary jane

I believe that it's your body and if you want to put every drug in your body then do so!

As long as your drug use remains victim less, then I don't see a problem with it.

You also have to take in consideration, what would happen if every drug was legal?

First off, you have government regulation. Everything would have to go through an intense testing period before being available for the public. You would also have corporations that take over the production, so it would boost the economy and jobs. It would be a new market.

In turn it would take away the reason for organize crime to exist. Gangs would no longer be able to profit from drug dealing and they would have to find other avenues for profit. Gambling, robbery, pirating, prostitution, etc.

It could also be a bad thing for use, since the prices might go up. However, I doubt the taxes and profit of the legal drugs would exceed the risk markup on most drugs now. I'm not sure on that one.

Also the DEA spends TONS of money on drug enforcement to no avail. The spend years tracking a drug cartel and take it down and within a week another rival cartel has risen and taken over its terrority. It's a vicious cycle and there is no way to prevent it. As long as there is profit to be made, and demand for drugs. There will always be a black market.

So you have a choice. Allow the black market to profit off of death, killings, child labor, etc. OR legalize it and allow the government to regulate and profit off it.

The simple fact is, there will always be someone selling and making profit from drugs, you just need to decide WHO you want to be selling and making profit.

My ramblings...
    Raelum

Oh ya, I'm a Libertarian and would be interested in learning more about this.

i agree with Raelum but i think if they were to legalize something weed would be first. the other things i'm not so sure about.

I'm the guy who did the press confrence with Sen. Henry when she announced the Medical Marijuana bill. I will be testifying at the Wed. hearing in Dover.:thumbsup:

We're rallying our troops for a trip down state to show our support! We're sending out links & info thru facebook, look for H.E.A.L. Delaware there if you can give us any additional info how we can help.

FREE HEMP!!! and counter attack GLOBAL WARMING!!

Unfortunately, Senate Bill 94 will do more harm than good. SB 94 will dismantle an existing affirmative defense that protects all patients, while creating several new anti-recreational/anti-religious ganja consumer laws.

The fact is, patients are not being arrested. In fact, almost no one is arrested for ganja in Delaware. Only a few more than 100 people were arrested last year, and every one was incedent to either the commision of another crime (No. 1 reason), or a traffic offence. One guy was arrested for growing 16 plants in his yard, and another batch inside his home.

The time has come to stop worrying about a "medical" marijuana bill, and demand that legislators make official the defacto legalization the state already enjoys.

For more, see the blog for the Delaware Cannabis Society (active in Delaware since 1968) at Hempman Says: Just Say KnowHempman Says: Just Say Know

January 12th is not too far away so let's cross our fingers that the bill goes through. As of right now, I have no access to cannabis because I really do not have any connections.
    [SIZE=\"5\"]DVX MEA [COLOR=\"Red\"]LVX[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by WIlDuce1883
    January 12th is not too far away so let's cross our fingers that the bill goes through. As of right now, I have no access to cannabis because I really do not have any connections.
    I have found no articles talking about the issue and the date has already passed. Guess there was no resolution ...
    [SIZE=\"5\"]DVX MEA [COLOR=\"Red\"]LVX[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast