Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1545 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Amsterdam Bound

Im hopefully going to amsterdam in march and ive already heard about how some locals at the dam are bitches to out of towners. My question is as an american what should i watch out for, what coffeshops should i deny, and where should i stay away?

Lemme know thanks
    OreO Reviewed by OreO on . Amsterdam Bound Im hopefully going to amsterdam in march and ive already heard about how some locals at the dam are bitches to out of towners. My question is as an american what should i watch out for, what coffeshops should i deny, and where should i stay away? Lemme know thanks Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Amsterdam Bound

Quote Originally Posted by OreO
    Im hopefully going to amsterdam in march and ive already heard about how some locals at the dam are bitches to out of towners. My question is as an american what should i watch out for, what coffeshops should i deny, and where should i stay away?

Lemme know thanks
    Never been there, OreO...but it sounds awesome I'll be in Jamaica in March as well......it's time to get the hell outta dodge with this crap weather! Good luck!

Amsterdam Bound

hey have fun over at the dam bro... just use common sense... and don't goto any place with sumbody you don't know and trust...

HTC

Amsterdam Bound

OK - the honest answer....

Right now there is some bad feeling towards Americans in Holland - but just remember, its not focused at you but at Mr Bush.... I have seen a few occasions over the last few months where in a few coffee shops I have watched Americans be given "not such good" deals.... for the most part tho there is nothing to worry about....

I can recommend the following places as being very friendly and non-judgemental ...

Barney's Breakfast Bar - Great for hash
    The Greenhouse - about the best weed in town
    Sheeba - ask for Tom, tell him Mark from Italy sent you and try the skuff
    De Oude Kirke (The Old Church) - in the Red Light District, nice people watching place.

There are lots good coffee shops - my advice is tip when you buy your first drink... the Dutch are a very friendly people for the most part.

Amsterdam is a wonderful city - enjoy it - do what we all do - don't be American (British, Italian or any other nationality), just be human!

OH - and if you want, let me know when you are gonna be there - might coincide with me being there - would be glad to give you a 2 cent tour one evening...

Amsterdam Bound

More .....

If you enjoy the Devils Dandruff, don't buy it from the streets around the Red Light district, you are more likely to get asprin and bicarbonate of soda - more likely to grow muffins in your nostrils than get high (although you wont have a headache either).

If you are looking for the trippy - the mushrooms can be brought from any of the smart shops - look around first, and if its your first time, get advice on what you are buying, some of the caps are very intense. If its your first time, some simple guidelines:

1. Get advice on what you are buying
    2. Take them on an empty stomach (avoid the vomiting)
    3. Expect to get tired before you come up - you go down first then the rushes begin..
    4. Takes about an hour to really work
    5. Do it with someone you trust.. if you don't trust the people (person) you are with, don't do it!
    6. Have something sweet around, orange juice, sweets and water are the best way to try and reduce the effects if you don't like it - although if you don't like it quickly after coming up - probably worth putting your fingers down your throat to get rid of whats left in your stomach..
    7. Enjoy the Ride.....

Amsterdam Bound

I can't recommend anything, except to be careful & have a great time. 'Never had the chance to go West, always been East.
    LOL, "don't act like an American" !!! Man, that's the truth, but in a way, it's really sad too, that the whole world thinks we're a bunch of jerks. 'Probably justified to a great extent....
    Anyway, let us know how it goes.
    [SIZE=\"4\"]Humor: Don\'t Leave Home Without It ![/SIZE]

Amsterdam Bound

Quote Originally Posted by Inspiration
    OK - the honest answer....

Right now there is some bad feeling towards Americans in Holland - but just remember, its not focused at you but at Mr Bush.... I have seen a few occasions over the last few months where in a few coffee shops I have watched Americans be given "not such good" deals.... for the most part tho there is nothing to worry about....

I can recommend the following places as being very friendly and non-judgemental ...

Barney's Breakfast Bar - Great for hash
    The Greenhouse - about the best weed in town
    Sheeba - ask for Tom, tell him Mark from Italy sent you and try the skuff
    De Oude Kirke (The Old Church) - in the Red Light District, nice people watching place.

There are lots good coffee shops - my advice is tip when you buy your first drink... the Dutch are a very friendly people for the most part.

Amsterdam is a wonderful city - enjoy it - do what we all do - don't be American (British, Italian or any other nationality), just be human!

OH - and if you want, let me know when you are gonna be there - might coincide with me being there - would be glad to give you a 2 cent tour one evening...
    Thanks for the advice. I am going in April.

Amsterdam Bound

toke n bump