Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1535 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Can Weed Go Bad?

if it's dry when you seal it it won't go mouldy, just crispy

if it's damp when you seal it it will go mouldy and i wouldn't smoke that mouldy shit

Can Weed Go Bad?

so in a grinder for about a month or 2 would be legit?

3.   Advertisements

Can Weed Go Bad?

What the fuck?

If you cure your weed fresh off the plant for a year, it has more THC by far than when it came off the plant. Because the curing and slow drying process converts all the THCA (non active THC that comes off fresh plants) into THC, and activates all the other cannabinoids and terpinoids in the plant.

I hope someone said this before me, otherwise what the fuck?

Can Weed Go Bad?

i would have to venture to say that any bud left out for a while will have some amount of THC knocked off of it. Therefore it will become less potent with time.
    I have never heard of THCA before, and don't think curing increases strength of the weed, instead enhances flavors and aromas. I'm no scientist...

Can Weed Go Bad?

Quote Originally Posted by allrollsin21
    i would have to venture to say that any bud left out for a while will have some amount of THC knocked off of it. Therefore it will become less potent with time.
    I have never heard of THCA before, and don't think curing increases strength of the weed, instead enhances flavors and aromas. I'm no scientist...
    THCA is what fresh marijuana contains, the curing process converts it to THC, smoking fresh cannabis won't get you as high as it would if you were to cure it.

Holy fuck, I thought more people knew about curing weed and shit. There's a reason why regs aren't as good, and have a hay smell to them, as opposed to dank weed, which has a good aroma, no hay smell, and is properly cured.

Can Weed Go Bad?

Holy fuck! I thought you knew about curing weed...The reason the regs are not so good is that do not have refined genetics and are most likely grown improperly, as opposed to dank weed which has refined genetics and is properly grown. Even weed with refined genetics can be improperly grown and yield a crappy bud. Curing weed (especially for a year) is not a necessity. You are improperly informed if you believe that curing weed makes it more potent by converting the thca to thc because this does not happen due to the curing but separate of it. Curing usually lasts 1-3 months. The act of curing draws moisture from the stalk back into the bud. In turn this makes the cannabanoids of the bud (the taste and smell) more potent. I will say this again: the conversion of thca to thc occurs seperate of the curing process.

Here is a video of a man who admits to having only a small understanding but the basic principles are outlined in this video please enjoy:
    YouTube - Curing Cannabis

Can Weed Go Bad?

I just leave mine in the cure jars, in a cool dark place. There has been no decrease in potancy.... if anything the longer its in the jars, the better it gets. Keep in mind that the only weed I grow is the very best with known genetics. I have some that is still in the jars from 2 years ago and it will still kick your a$$ with one hit.

Can Weed Go Bad?

my junior year of high school i bought 6 very healthy js off of my buddy during spring break. i smoked 2 of em and gave one away to one of my friends. then my freshman year of college one of the guys on the football team and i decided we wanted to get baked. i told em i had some stuff but it was old so i wasn't sure if it would work. i had kept it in a ziploc bag in an xbox 360 box. so i brought up the three js to school. my buddy from college and i went on a roady and clan baked the crap outta his car. we only smoked 2 of the js and to be honest with i had never been so high in my life. we were high for 4.5 hrs then later that night we went on another roady that night and smoke the last one we had and once again i was soooooooo baked. so weed does for sure never go bad as long as you have kept it in a ziploc baggy.

Can Weed Go Bad?

vacuum sealed, no way

Can Weed Go Bad?

Quote Originally Posted by HorusChrist
    Holy fuck! I thought you knew about curing weed...The reason the regs are not so good is that do not have refined genetics and are most likely grown improperly, as opposed to dank weed which has refined genetics and is properly grown. Even weed with refined genetics can be improperly grown and yield a crappy bud. Curing weed (especially for a year) is not a necessity. You are improperly informed if you believe that curing weed makes it more potent by converting the thca to thc because this does not happen due to the curing but separate of it. Curing usually lasts 1-3 months. The act of curing draws moisture from the stalk back into the bud. In turn this makes the cannabanoids of the bud (the taste and smell) more potent. I will say this again: the conversion of thca to thc occurs seperate of the curing process.

Here is a video of a man who admits to having only a small understanding but the basic principles are outlined in this video please enjoy:
    YouTube - Curing Cannabis
    I signed up for this to say, really!? Dude, I was losing faith in people and their ability to grow, dry, then cure their own medicine. But then you saved the day. Hey everyone else that is lost, if you aren't sure, Google it then surf multiple different sources before you ruin your stuff!!! Wow!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast