Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1700 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Industrial Society Destroys Mind and Environment

Quote Originally Posted by daves19
    pretty interesting story...quite deep actually...This person tryes to disconnect us from the matrix we are living in and everyone is so addicted they wont here it, everything said in there was true, and this person is not talking about ruling the world with emotion, you guys have missed a point there...Emotions is what makes us human, and is not harmful to earth...so by living let say like the natives did, earth would survive...
    Many of the things said in this post and article are statements said with authority, but not much else.

Like it says that discussions have become the problem. Discussing something to death is the problem with no solution. We should stop the mental madness!

But it doesn't mention what can happen when things are swept under the rug, and things are left undiscussed. We know the consequenses of that, but that idea would go against this absurd anti-thinking movement.

All I learned that was beneficial is I can stop recycling, since it apparently doesn't help the environment none. :thumbsup:

Time to think up another idea to save the environment. Or we can just sweep the whole thing under the rug, let the issue go undiscussed by all and see what greatness comes from exercizing our will to not discuss things to death!

Yeah. Smart.

2.   Advertisements

I reject this proposed duality. I liked the intro, I thought this might actually go somewhere, but it doesn't justify any of it's premises and frankly I find the conclusions ridiculous. Not to mention rather speculative... I'd be willing to discuss it though if you feel it has something to it that I'm missing.

A selection from the background material:

"Since childhood my life has been deeply influenced by two crucial factors:
    (1) I have never liked to speed up my mind. Quick thinking has always made me uneasy and uncomfortable. Speeding up my mind has always been painful and difficult for me.
    I have a strong dislike for change. I have always desired a kind of constancy wtihin my mind whereas speeding up always invloves change.
    (2) I have a strong urge to keep my mind in the emotional mode (and not in the thinking mode)"

I guess this explains all the (imo) unjustified premises... But that's nothing to base a project on if you want it to actually reach people

My own intuition would be that thought and emotion are linked at a deeper level, and that one does not create nor inhibit the other. But rather by accepting change we can grow with BOTH...

Just an opinion, I haven't laid any groundwork... yet

Quote Originally Posted by Polymirize
    I thought this might actually go somewhere, but it doesn't justify any of it's premises and frankly I find the conclusions ridiculous.

A selection from the background material:

"Since childhood my life has been deeply influenced by two crucial factors:
    (1) I have never liked to speed up my mind. Quick thinking has always made me uneasy and uncomfortable. Speeding up my mind has always been painful and difficult for me.
    I have a strong dislike for change. I have always desired a kind of constancy wtihin my mind whereas speeding up always invloves change.
    (2) I have a strong urge to keep my mind in the emotional mode (and not in the thinking mode)"

I guess this explains all the (imo) unjustified premises... But that's nothing to base a project on if you want it to actually reach people
    Thats exactly it. Hit the nail on the head.

I say we get rid of every piece of Industrial Mechanisms and live off the land.

By doing this, we eliminate the means to produce Heroin and Crack, and we all could get stoned, together. The Heavy-Drug Addicts would use Pot to oppress their withdrawals, and the "stuck-up bitches" would experiment with Marijuana, once it's proven to them that their brain-cells will multiply.

I just found this same topic by someone with the same name on another forum. I think this guy is posting this in as many places on the Internet as he can find.

http://www.google.com/search?hs=PPd&...22&btnG=Search

this is partly a huge steeming load, and partly right...

thinking isnt wrong, smarts arent bad, it's what they're used for that matters.

math is good, but most of it's applications are terrible at best.

it's because we humans think we know something that we truly do not. which is why we cannot waste our intelligence on so many of the things we do. like cars... and computers... -_-

we waste our time inventing tools for lazyness and greed.

instead of using our time to actually bennifit the world over, we waste it trying to bennifit either our selves, or a small select group of people.

reveting to nature is deffenitely the right course of action.

Regarding Industrialization there is an important point to be noted. Modern Industrial Society has existed for 100 years - 200 years - 300 years. When we compare this period with the total duration for which human society has existed on earth this period is so short - so small that it almost does'nt exist. It is almost zero.

Material things don't bring peace and happiness. Today billions of people have got things which even Kings did not have in the past. Car, computer, television, fridge, telephone - no King ever had these things. But people are still restless and unhappy.

Consumerist-Lifestyle is just not sustainable. If we do not immediately return to living a very simple and frugal life then very soon there will be no human life on earth.

Think Positive.

Psychologists say -- Think Positive.
    Politicians say â?? Think Positive.
    Economists say â?? Think Positive.
    Scientists say â?? Think Positive.
    Everyone says â?? Think Positive.

Arctic ice is melting â?? Glaciers are melting â?? Rivers are drying up.
    Think Positive.

Fish population in Oceans is down to 1/3 of what it was 100 years ago.
    Think Positive.

Pollution levels are going sky-high and valley-deep.
    Think Positive.

There used to be millions of members in most species of Animals and Birds. Now they are down to thousands and hundreds.
    Think Positive.

Weather is getting more and more irregular and unpredictable.
    Think Positive.

Thinking positive is the height of insanity.
    Thinking positive is the height of abnormality.

This is a world that has become completely incapable of feeling Pain, Compassion, Remorse and Guilt.
    The planet is getting destroyed moment by moment â?? and people are thinking positive.

Very soon there will be 1 Animal and 1 Tree left in this world â?? and people will still be thinking positive.

They will be holding Seminars, Conferences and Global-Summits to save the Environment.

sushil yadav

I agree with you on a couple points, but I don't agree that material things can't bring happiness. Material things are what the universe is made of. Everything you see, everything you touch, everybody you know, is a material thing. If material things couldn't bring happiness, there would be no such thing as happiness. My computer and my telephone bring me happiness, since without them I could not communicate with lots of people I enjoy communicating with, such as my family members who live hundreds of miles away. Sure they don't solve all my unhappiness, but they do add some joy to my life. Technology has indeed increased the quality of our lives. Would you rather live in the Middle Ages, where everybody thought disease was caused by demons and a third of the people around you were dying of the bubonic plague, and where everybody just dumped their piss and shit into the streets because there was no plumbing system?

I agree that our modern society is consuming too much. For instance, because our transportation system is set up so that everybody gets from point A to point B in their own vehicles, the world's petroleum supplies are dropping at an alarming rate which will leave us without any petroleum sometime this century. But the solution is not to get rid of industrial society. Even if such a thing were possible, it would require a genocide like man has never seen before. The fact is, we need industrial society to feed and house the six billion people on this planet, who have no idea how to live on the land without the help of technology. Even if they did, it would be physically impossible to produce enough food for everybody without the help of modern agriculture aided by our technological advances.

You obviously have no plan for how our world could turn back the clock and return to a pre-industrial society. You will never convince everybody it's a good idea, for the simple reason that such a move would effectively kill off the majority of the world's population no matter how you tried to do it.

actually, it's more than it is simply illogical to want to gain happyness from an object, for you ARE that object, you ARE happyness, for you are nothing, and from that nothing which we all are came everything.

it's all an illusion, we are everything, for we are nothing.

therefore, it is illogical to try to obtain something that you are, from something else - that you are.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast