Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1583 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

View Poll Results: Should cannabis be legalized?

Voters
1572. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1,394 88.68%
  • No

87 5.53%
  • Maybe

67 4.26%
  • None of the above

24 1.53%
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Should cannabis be legalized?

Quote Originally Posted by Torog
    Howdy Ron,

I voted yes..I believe that cannabis should be taken off the Schedule C list and legalized and regulated like alcohol. Even though I started toking at 12 years old,I don't believe that those under 18,should be smoking marijuana..they should be focusing on their education instead. I know that I wish that I had done less partying and more studying,job skills are paramount..git that out of the way first-then ya can party. However,if the younguns must party-then I'd rather see them toking marijuana,than drinking alcohol.

Have a good one ...
    I completely agree.

However, even though I do agree that if weed were to be legalised it should be restricted to adults only (be that 16+, 18+ or 21+ depending on where you are located) I disagree with age limits altogether.

By this I mean I believe that if there were no age restrictions on alcohol (or any other 'drug', such is Cannabis, if legalised) then mature teenagers would have the ability to try certain things at their freedom. There would be no rush to go out and binge drunk the minute they become old enough. It would also minimise the amount of underage drinking, the same way the legalisation of Cannabis would minimise the amount of Cannabis smoking.

But yes, I agree that, at present, Cannabis should be legalised and should have some sort of age restriction. Though this goes against my beliefs I think this kind of regulation and control is the only way the public would ever accept a full scale legalisation.

Sorry for the rant. Cool idea for a forum.

GHoST

2.   Advertisements

WHO VOTED NO? LEMME AT EM

I think it ought up to the parents to decide when their children are mature enough to handle something, not the government. Especially considering that people mature at different rates. My parents knew I was mature enough at 17.

My sentiment exactly.

The government should stay the fuck out of our personal lives. It's not their job to police morals, either.

can you imagine what the tax would be if marijuana were legal? or would it be part of the state tax?

It would definately have it's own tax, the same way alcohol does. And the tax would go up all the fucking time, the same way they do on alcohol. At least I guess they would.

But who knows? If they legalised it might be able to get permits to grow at home. I doubt that would happen, with people like GWB in power, because he'd have to do what his big corporate friends told him to do, and they'd want a big piece of the pie, if not the whole thing. So someone like GW, if weed was legal, wouldn't let you grow it and then he'd privatise the growing of it to big corporations. Probably pharmaceutical companies.

LEGALIZE IT!

who voted no lol

Well of course!

If it was that easy...

I for one, am sick of the government running our lives in the way they do. Id prefer to 'decriminalize'.

Why just decriminalize? Full legalization is what we should be striving for. There should be no laws against products of Mother Nature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Hicks
    Not only do I think pot should be legalized, I think it should be mandatory. Think about it, you get in traffic behind somebody. *makes loud horn noises* "Shut up and smoke that! It's the law!" *puff puff* "Oh sorry, I was taking life seriously....Oh man, who's hungry?"

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast