Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1530 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

My Pure Power Plant grow.

high all,

As a cabinet grower, I thought I must share and do my part in helping other growers do their thing in small spaces. I just finished doing this grow and the remainer of the crop is still drying. Let's get this started!

nutes
    *8-7-6(MG-ugh! I recommend avoiding MG products all together)
    *10-15-10(shultz liquid)
    *15-30-15(plant smart)

soil
    I just used basic potting soil from wal-mart, with added vermiculite. It wasn't enough, so I bought a bag of vermiculite to add to it. 1/3 vermiculite, 2/3 soil.

space
    I grew 1 plant in a cab approx. 2.5ft square. It has one removable wall, to make watering and such easier, and an open top. I have my lights mounted on the top of the box, homemade refectors on top of the lights, and a fan blowing on the lights, reflectors, and plant, to keep things at a nice 22deg.C.

Time
    -It took 3 days to germinate then I placed in soil
    -I vegged for 3 weeks
    -I flowered for 65 days
    -I cut off the top cola, so lower budsites could flourish, which they did
    -After I cut off the top cola, I then flowered for another 20days, making a total of 85 days of flowering.

Lighting
    For one plant, I vegged it under 100W of CFL's and flowered it under a 150hps.

Pictures
    Pictures 1 and 2, are 1 week before I cut off the top cola. The top itself weighed in at about 12g's.
    Pictures 3 and 4, are 3 weeks after I cut off the top cola
    Pictures 5-7, was taken 3 days later, right before I cut her

Now, I have already made improvements for my next grow. I still want to veg with CFL's, but I am wasting space on something where another plant could go!

So, I'm still using the 2.5ft square cab, I now have a total of 200W of CFL's, for vegging 2 plants this time. I still have my 150hps setup, but I went out and bought just a small 75W hps kit, for a total of 225Whps for flowering. Now, I was going to do ascrog this time around, I have changed my mind and I think I'll just do some LSTing or topping. I already have 1 Big Blue, and 1 Strawberry Cough, germinated, put in soil today, and soon I'll see a sprout.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask, good luck and keep growing!
    Nochowderforyou Reviewed by Nochowderforyou on . My Pure Power Plant grow. high all, As a cabinet grower, I thought I must share and do my part in helping other growers do their thing in small spaces. I just finished doing this grow and the remainer of the crop is still drying. Let's get this started! nutes *8-7-6(MG-ugh! I recommend avoiding MG products all together) *10-15-10(shultz liquid) *15-30-15(plant smart) soil Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Pictures 5-7

very interesting..they look like midgets..
    Do you think, you could flower rooted clones with 0-7 days of veg and get the same reults?

I really like the aesthetic of your plants.. the "bonsai of bud"

Quote Originally Posted by Garden Knowm
    Do you think, you could flower rooted clones with 0-7 days of veg and get the same reults?

Thanks for the compliment man!

I've never personally taken clones or started from clones, so I'm not 100% sure. But I would give your clones 7-14 days to gain some strength if they are freshly cut, and once they have a decent root system going on, then yes, you could get the same results along the same lines. Small, stalky plants.

how/why do they look so small?? they look pretty.. can I have the powerade bottle one's hand in marriage??

can we pix of ur setup?

n also, you gave us the days after you cut the main cola.. but how old were the plants when u did so?
    Any posts made by me are purely fictional in nature and by no means is anything I say to be taken seriously. I do not grow or condone the growing of anything not legal. Any and all pictures I post are pictures widley available on the internet and any discussions I am involved in are purely hypothetical or are commentary in nature and should not constitute advice or be considered advice to assist in activities that are deemed illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by sheist
    how/why do they look so small???
    How? Easy, I kept things simple, kept the lights close to the plant(1.5inches), and cut down veg time. I vegged for only 3 weeks, from seed, before I tosseed her into flowering. Shorter veg time produce a smaller plant, but the yeild is also smaller too. Quality over quantity.

they look pretty.. can I have the powerade bottle one's hand in marriage??
    Thanks! Nope, she's MY bitch..

can we pix of ur setup?
    Give me 10-15min, I'll snap a few for ya and post them

n also, you gave us the days after you cut the main cola.. but how old were the plants when u did so?
    I never mentioned that? Ooops! First cut(top cola) made at 65days into 12/12, flowered for another 20days, final cut at 85days

I'll be right back with a few pictures of my veg box.

Okay, here are a few pictures of my setup. The 1st picture is of the mounted fan, and under that fan is some sheet metal that are covering my lights, for reflection. Right now there isn't a whole lot going on as you can see. I just put the germinated seeds in the soil yesterday, so I won't see a sprout for another day or two or three. As you can see from the pictures of my lights, I couldn't get a better one, too small of a space . From that picture you can see 2 25W CFL's, 1 15W CFL, and one 40W floro tube. That is all I could get a shot of, but there is another 4 25W CFL's on the other side of the rack holding my lights up. I lower and raise the pots by stacking mags under a peice of wood.

It's quite a ghetto setup, but man, I'm growing some pretty decent smoke costing me less that it does in regular lighting. I use the same box for flowering. I just remove all of the floro lights and above the fan, there is a socket and all for the hps bulb. I just need a second box, to make things easier.

wow nochowder that is alot of helpful info thank you

super ghetto.. super hard core..= super FUCKINg COOL!!!!!!!!

I am definitley gonna grow some dwarfs!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Garden Knowm

Yes i think u would have good sucess with the clones but i think they would be a bit biger than the seed grown ones becouse u r starting with more advanced plant meterial
    happy growing...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast