Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1686 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Home in PA

Hi, I am from a small town in PA, love it here. Currently, I support 3 legalization of marijuana efforts, but, as far as I know, there is nothing local. I think I might have to start something up on my own.
    maryjanemama Reviewed by maryjanemama on . Home in PA Hi, I am from a small town in PA, love it here. Currently, I support 3 legalization of marijuana efforts, but, as far as I know, there is nothing local. I think I might have to start something up on my own. ;) Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Home in PA

CANNABIS.COM / Marihemp Network is based in PA in Wyomissing (near Reading, Berks County).

Not sure where you're at, but there are many people working for reform in PA...hopefully we can get some groups going...these new "local" boards will be a big help for people to meet other similar minded folks nearby.

Ron

Home in PA

Ron, I am in Wayne county. You're the administator, man, you have access to my email address. Please write me and let me know what's going on.

Home in PA

I'm Terrence in Morrisville, PA and I too am looking for some similiar minded people (wink, wink) to meet and burn with!!!

Home in PA

Hey, I'm a neighbor too! Live in Mohnton, work in Reading! Ron...if you see this, any job openings??
    Andi

Home in PA

just moved from pa to missouri. sure do miss my old connection. tough finding a new one.

Home in PA

Quote Originally Posted by maryjanemama
    Ron, I am in Wayne county. You're the administator, man, you have access to my email address. Please write me and let me know what's going on.
    Don't do email due to spam, etc ... please feel free to talk here

Not much happening where I am these days ... a couple of years ago MPP organized a meeting with Tim Holden (formerly 6th district covering much of Berks County) for discussion of legalizing medical cannabis in PA. The meeting was ok, but we were met by a Tim Holden staffer - that there was a bad sign in my mind ... and the group ... well, I felt like I was over-dressed to say the least compared to some in the group. Dressing like a hippy is great when chillin, but doesn't do much when it comes to lobbying other then reenforcing the old negative stereotypes.

Got off on a tangent there ... probably the best way to get something going in your area is to find at least 3 other folks near you who have similar views and want to help facilitate change - then setup a meeting(s) with some local representatives in your area ... basically all you do is call your local representatives' respective offices and ask to meet with them. You'll likely end up meeting with a staffer initially, but who knows - and importantly, they get to hear how their constituents feel ... note if you and/or any of the folks who attend are involved in any questionable activity, be prepared for that to become known at some point to the local authorities/others, etc ... more a problem in a small town/rural area - as many here already know, activism comes with tradeoffs ... to put it in a nutshell, small-time medicinal users even in PA will likely have few, if any problems, but you certainly do NOT want any growers (nothing wrong with growing per se, but will become a distraction - and likely attract informants out to take others down) in any activist group you start up - as I said above ... just find 3 others and you've got a group - ok, I suppose you could go with less ... or even just yourself ... but having the moral support of others definitely helps in activism activities

If you need help with promoting your group and/or having trouble with setting up a meeting with local reps in your area, let me know here.

Ron

Home in PA

Quote Originally Posted by andiloose
    Hey, I'm a neighbor too! Live in Mohnton, work in Reading! Ron...if you see this, any job openings??
    Not yet ... but eventually there likely could be. Nice to meet folks so nearby.

Feel free to write back

Ron

Home in PA

Ron, yes it's the possible aftermath of publically supporting legalizing marijuana that keeps me quiet. I do live in a small town, with equal amounts of people who would be open to my ideas and people who might show up at my doorstep with shot guns...I'm not joking. A local inn applied for a liquer license recently, and some extremely religious people threatened the owner of the inn with bodily harm at a township meeting. They felt liquer was the "devil's drink" and he was inviting Satan to our area. Can you imagine what they'd do to me? I also have children to think about. For now, I will have to support all efforts monetarally.

On the bright side, strong support for the Green party has come to light around here within the past year. People are tired of the status quo I guess, and are finally voicing their opinions to the public. If I want other supporters to join me, a meeting with them would likely offer the most promise. I'll keep thinking about it.

I understand what you mean about people dressing like "hippies". There's a time and place for everything. An unkempt appearance in front of people who already think badly of you is not smart. First impressions have a lot to do with how someone thinks of you no matter how good your ideas are. If some one doesn't look serious about their message, how do they expect to be taken seriously? Ok, now I'm ranting.

Oh and, Ron, I'd also like to apologize for believing a rumor that this site was closing from a less than reliable source. Next time I'll wait to "hear it from the horse's mouth" before I believe another rumor.

Home in PA

Hi maryjanemama,
    I live right around the block from you. I love living in PA also. Hello to all other native pennsylvanians also.

Smoke Rings

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast