Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1709 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

SUBSTITUTION: tips, tricks and guidelines

Hi,
    First let me say thank you so much for all the great info and research that you all share for free on here, I would be lost without it. That being said, I have been distressed to find very little on the internet about needing to pass a test in the criminal justice system.
    I am a daily smoker, and the criminalization of using marijuana is a never ending source of frustration. My own situation is thus. I have been sentenced to two weeks jail time for driving under suspended license (first offence), and I am being 'allowed' to serve it with electronic home monitoring, because I have kids, (not to mention that the detention center is full and they are over budget and under staffed), and to be eligable I must submit to a drug screening. When I asked why, they said that you are not allowed to be on drugs or alcohol while on the ankle bracelet. You would think, by that logic, that they would test at the End of a sentence. Anyhow, I, with a totally clean record before this, am about to be under the hairy eyeball of big brother, and let me tell ya, it is no fun.
    I have scoured the internet for advice and facts, and it has helped me to arrive at about a 75% confidence rate for substitution, seeing as how I have to test in two days ( and my body comes with a built in urine smuggling compartment). However, I have been getting paranoid about some questions that I can't seem to find any answers to, even after hours and hours of research. And they are these :

Is the technology used to conduct urinalysis for the justice system different from the kind used in employment? How so?

Are all urinalysis for the corrections system supervised and how?

Are you suddenly stripped of all your 2nd amendment rights the moment you enter into the system? Do they have the right to cavity search you, or otherwise invade your privacy, even without probable cause?

And, please, a clear statement about if age and sex have effect on your results, meaning wouldn't I be safer using my child's urine since I know he hasn't had anything that would give him a false or true positive? Does the justice system have the right and the ability to delve into this?

Pretty pretty please!
    It would be such a weight off my mind to get some responce to this. Im just an ordinary person who likes to live off the grid as much as possible. But I am a woman and a mother, and single at that, and for something harmless my whole life is suddenly at the whims and mercy of our awful drug policy and the morality that drives it. Our only defense is to keep doing our best to outwit them, and VOTE :hippy: Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by endprohibition
    I have scoured the internet for advice and facts, and it has helped me to arrive at about a 75% confidence rate for substitution, seeing as how I have to test in two days ( and my body comes with a built in urine smuggling compartment). However, I have been getting paranoid about some questions that I can't seem to find any answers to, even after hours and hours of research. And they are these :
    You really need to do better research if this is the solution you have come to. Substitution is best served for employment drug screens because by law unless you give them cause, they can't observe you. However, drug testing for court is much different. It will be different from each court system from county to county etc. but most will watch the urine flow from the body to the cup. It can be done and women probably have a better chance of passing an observed test but to try to substitute for a court ordered screen is madness. I don't know how your research led to this is a good idea. In emplotyment screening way more than 75% of people pull it off successfully but for court that number drops significantly. Oh, by the way if you are caught this is against the law and will only make things worse. There is a chance they might not observe but you won't know before hand and the chances are almost certain the will observe.

Is the technology used to conduct urinalysis for the justice system different from the kind used in employment? How so?
    Yes and no. They may use instant test strips and if you fail the instant test, a full lab test will be ordered. If you have been researching you will see these instant strips are very accurate and use the same technology. I must have answered that like 3 times yesterday alone.

Are all urinalysis for the corrections system supervised and how?
    They watch the urine flow from the body to the cup in most cases sometimes in the same room. See above.
    Are you suddenly stripped of all your 2nd amendment rights the moment you enter into the system? Do they have the right to cavity search you, or otherwise invade your privacy, even without probable cause?
    2nd amendment is the right to bear arms. You are thinking more of the 4th, 5th, and 6th amendments but you are stripped of those too because you are pleading guilty to a crime!

And, please, a clear statement about if age and sex have effect on your results, meaning wouldn't I be safer using my child's urine since I know he hasn't had anything that would give him a false or true positive? Does the justice system have the right and the ability to delve into this?
    Chantoke was probably banned for trying to confuse people with their misinformation. Age and sex of the donor do not matter as long as the sample is drug free. Don't forget to think about prescription drugs. Make sure your donor is 100% clean so that when you get caught for subbing on a court ordered test at least it is clean. It won't matter but at least you can have that satisfied feeling you did have a clean urine.

Sorry but to do the sentence at home is a Godsend and the smart thing would have been to quit and get through the 2 weeks. Subbing for court is a horrible idea and you need to quit if you haven't, get some home tests, and possibly do some aerobics. If you have any more questions, do me a favor and start your own thread please.

Listen, you may have got me on the amendment bit, I was implying my right to privacy. However, on the rest, you demonstrated, quite snidely, my point, which was that very little information that is available on the internet pertains to the court system. You act as though there arn't innocent people every day snapped up into the system just because they smoke pot. You also assume I've known about this along time and just didn't want to quit. I learned Friday that I'm taking this test on tuesday, and while I plan to dilute, I am quite doubtful that it will work. I have practiced subbing every night, and will continue until the test, and hope that the fact that I have no prior or current alcohol or drug related charges ever will get me an unsupervised, or even minimally supervised test, and let us keep in mind here that we are dealing with a traffic offence.

I don't know, maybe I just smoke too much weed, but I thought we are all on the same team here? Or maybe it's just some more of the same good ol american spirit that likes to shove others down to make it's own feel better. Isn't it bad enough that I'm scared to death that the corrections system is going to snap me up just because I smoke pot? Isn't it good enough that I'm on here, attempting to educate myself, asking questions? Well I've still got more questions, but I will not bring them here. Thanks alot for the information you gave, and theres just nothing like being treated like an idiot to improve any situation you happen to find yourself in. Peace.

endprohibiton, I say the same thing to you that I would say to myself: It may be observed, but if you can hide the fake pee, why not bring it? If you know where you're being tested, ask around to see how vigilant they are. Nearby headshops work well if you're having trouble finding information. I hope your situation turns out well.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456