Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1603 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

water cure your plants

Hi all
    I found this way to cure your plants and decided to try it.
    I got a cooler, filled it part way with water, added some ice to get the water temp to 50 f. Cut my plants down and submerged them for 3 days, changing the water every day. After 3 days i dryed them as i normally do. Once dryed they are ready to smoke, no other cureing is necessary. No brown paper bags , no glass jars, no more waiting. The finished product is some of the smoothest smoke i've ever had. I used a glass plate to keep them under water. I wasn't sure about this method after i read it but i gave it a try and from now on all my plants will be getting the water cure. The plants , after 3 days under water looked like the day i cut them down, fresh and firm.
    Any one else ever try this way before?
    Any questions , i'll be happy to answer them
    peace
    heart
    heartsurgerysurviver Reviewed by heartsurgerysurviver on . water cure your plants Hi all I found this way to cure your plants and decided to try it. I got a cooler, filled it part way with water, added some ice to get the water temp to 50 f. Cut my plants down and submerged them for 3 days, changing the water every day. After 3 days i dryed them as i normally do. Once dryed they are ready to smoke, no other cureing is necessary. No brown paper bags , no glass jars, no more waiting. The finished product is some of the smoothest smoke i've ever had. I used a glass plate to Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

water cure your plants

Quote Originally Posted by heartsurgerysurviver
    Hi all
    I found this way to cure your plants and decided to try it.
    I got a cooler, filled it part way with water, added some ice to get the water temp to 50 f. Cut my plants down and submerged them for 3 days, changing the water every day. After 3 days i dryed them as i normally do. Once dryed they are ready to smoke, no other cureing is necessary. No brown paper bags , no glass jars, no more waiting. The finished product is some of the smoothest smoke i've ever had. I used a glass plate to keep them under water. I wasn't sure about this method after i read it but i gave it a try and from now on all my plants will be getting the water cure. The plants , after 3 days under water looked like the day i cut them down, fresh and firm.
    Any one else ever try this way before?
    Any questions , i'll be happy to answer them
    peace
    heart
    Howdy Heart,

It's always good to hear from you ! I find this to be very interesting,especially if it cuts out the month long curing process..my gal ain't very patient..lol. I'm lucky if if she gives me enuff time for the initial drying..lol.

So..do you monitor and maintain,the 50 degree temp,over the course of 3 days ? Do you manicure the plant somewhat,first ? Or do you manicure them like you would a finished bud ? I reckon that afterwards,you store the buds in the same way you would with cured buds ?

Thanx for bringing this to our attention !

Have a good one !

water cure your plants

Quote Originally Posted by Torog
    Howdy Heart,

It's always good to hear from you ! I find this to be very interesting,especially if it cuts out the month long curing process..my gal ain't very patient..lol. I'm lucky if if she gives me enuff time for the initial drying..lol.

So..do you monitor and maintain,the 50 degree temp,over the course of 3 days ? Do you manicure the plant somewhat,first ? Or do you manicure them like you would a finished bud ? I reckon that afterwards,you store the buds in the same way you would with cured buds ?

Thanx for bringing this to our attention !

Have a good one !
    Month long?!?!? Bliemy - it s humid down there isn't it!?!?

I manicure fist, then let hang, the trim again and spli the buds off after a few days of hanging. Works quite well but I do have to keep my eyes on tihgs - dont like them getting to dry too quickly, that aint good

water cure your plants

Quote Originally Posted by Funken Monken
    Month long?!?!? Bliemy - it s humid down there isn't it!?!?

I manicure fist, then let hang, the trim again and spli the buds off after a few days of hanging. Works quite well but I do have to keep my eyes on tihgs - dont like them getting to dry too quickly, that aint good
    Howdy Funken,

Yup..it gits pretty humid here,but not as bad as south Texas..thank goodness !

So..do you then go on to cure your buds..or do you just dry them properly and well ? Normally,it takes the bud a month,to properly carboxolate the cannibinoids to the desired type..if this water-cure works..it would be great !

Have a good one !

water cure your plants

^^^ You're darn right (aint just whistlin' Dixie...is that how you say it? ; )), it does take a while. AFter a week in my old wine box, I stick them buds in a coffee jar. Its a patience things I guess, but I'd be a bit wary about shovinga load of weed in water!

water cure your plants

Hi torog and monken
    I was leary too of putting plants in water, knowing how hard they are to grow nicely. Drying is a long process in this humid climate.
    The water temp i keep between 50 and 75 degrees, its not to critical.
    I trim off the bigger fan leafs, not much more.
    The water removes the ferts, toxins and chloraphill from the plants.
    The finish product looks more like purchased product than any other cureing method i've ever used.
    The biggest plus of water cureing is the taste of the final product, it makes it the smoothest tasting weed i've ever had. Beside cutting weeks of the process.
    I know this sounds unusual, almost stupid, but give a few buds a go in water and see how it works , you'll be amazed, i was.
    Have a good one
    peace
    heart

water cure your plants

after it comes out of the water, how long do you dry it and wait to smoke it? a week?

water cure your plants

Howdy Heart,

I really like the idea of being able to git rid of the ferts and chlorophyll,quickly..it seems like it takes forever for the chlorophyll to break-down,and if you've ever toked a bud that wasn't flushed of the high phosphorous content(from ferts),you'll definitely appreciate a bud that isn't fire-proof and nasty tasting.

Thanx again,for this heads-up !

Have a good one !

water cure your plants

If you want to remove the chlorophyll taste quicker stop feeding the plant (N) the last 7-14 dayâ??s before you flush. This will force the plant to use up then stored chlorophyll and speed up the curing process. FYI

water cure your plants

Quote Originally Posted by Zandor
    If you want to remove the chlorophyll taste quicker stop feeding the plant (N) the last 7-14 dayâ??s before you flush. This will force the plant to use up then stored chlorophyll and speed up the curing process. FYI
    Thats the 'method' ive always used, seeing as how N is the main chemical that distorts the buds taste. A friend of mine, who works at a hydroponic shop, said he stopped feeding the plant nitrogen the last 2 weeks of growing, and increased the P and K, to increase the production of glucose, making the buds sweeter. I havent tried it yet, but it seems reasonable. As for curing in water, ive never heard of it. I have a few questions tho, are the buds completely submerged in water, meaning they are actually "in" the water? Did u have any problems with mold? Cool temps like that are mainly used to seperate the thc from the buds (bubble bags), and everything ive heard said thc is best stored under room temps. It takes years for the clorophyll of buds to completely dissipate, if it does indeed ever fully break down, so doing it in "3 days" seems kind of unrealistic, no offense. I think i might do some experiments on some buds, so thx for the info!

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast