Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1611 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

First Check Home Test Came Up Negative, Should I Still Use Quick Fix Plus?

I have a prescreen employment drug test tomorrow. I haven't smoked in a month (exactly up to the day). I ended up purchasing the 3 oz QuickFix+ Canadian 5.7-1 (with Uric Acid). First time subber here.

I bought a FirstCheck home test from CVS. They claim to be up to 99% accurate, and test up to 50 ng/ml. I had a very feint line next to the word drug. They explain in their instructions that if there is any visible line at all, it is negative. I have my drug test with LabCorp. I am still a little nervous, so I am looking for some advice from you folks.

Since my home test came up clean, should I still use my QF+? Even though the home test came back negative, I am still not sure of the difference between that and an actual lab testing my urine. I'm also a little concerned that the QF+ will come back is inconclusive. I have heard mostly good things about QF+, but would still love your input on the matter.

So what do you think? Real piss or QuickFix+? Help me out a little please.
    randymarsh26 Reviewed by randymarsh26 on . First Check Home Test Came Up Negative, Should I Still Use Quick Fix Plus? I have a prescreen employment drug test tomorrow. I haven't smoked in a month (exactly up to the day). I ended up purchasing the 3 oz QuickFix+ Canadian 5.7-1 (with Uric Acid). First time subber here. I bought a FirstCheck home test from CVS. They claim to be up to 99% accurate, and test up to 50 ng/ml. I had a very feint line next to the word drug. They explain in their instructions that if there is any visible line at all, it is negative. I have my drug test with LabCorp. I am still a Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

When you took your home test, did you use the first urination of the day?

I just took it about an hour ago. 10pm here so it was not my first of the day.

Edit: I hear nothing but positive things about QF+. I probably feel more safe doing it that way, just have never subbed before so I am nervous about that.

Anytime you test yourself, you should always use the first urination of the day for the most reliable results.

Do an Advanced Search with the terms "first urination void" for more info..

If all of your home tests are consistently negative using the first void of the day (regardless of line intensity), youre good to go.

Being a mod of the forums, I am sure you run through most posts. What is your take on QF+ if you don't mind me asking?

Quote Originally Posted by randymarsh26
    Being a mod of the forums, I am sure you run through most posts. What is your take on QF+ if you don't mind me asking?
    Not at all. But I have a slew of posts about the QF, and theyre all found either by clicking on my username, or utilizing the Advanced Search button (with both my username as well as the terms "quick synthetic urine").

I've used quick fix for many DOT tests and it has always worked. I typically test the quick fix myself with at home tests and adulterant strips just to feel more comfortable. You probably won't have time to do that but that is just something I do for my own sake. I actually have a test tomorrow as well and have my quick fix ready. Just practice getting a feel for the temp and you should be golden.

Good luck

I have practiced the temp a couple times. It usually stays between 96 and 98 with two heat pads on it. Now I would think that is the heat of the bottle moreso than the liquid. Would I be right to assume the liquid is probably a degree or two higher than what the readout on the QF bottle says?

Well I'm sure the temperature strip on the bottle isn't 100% accurate. The cup the lab will give you to pee in will have the same type strip more than likely so it's accurate enough for labs to go with it. So I would just go by whatever the strip says.

Quote Originally Posted by randymarsh26
    I have practiced the temp a couple times. It usually stays between 96 and 98 with two heat pads on it. Now I would think that is the heat of the bottle moreso than the liquid. Would I be right to assume the liquid is probably a degree or two higher than what the readout on the QF bottle says?
    The acceptable temperature range is 90-100 F. You only need to be concerned that the sample temperature is within this range when you hand it over to the collector.