Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1677 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

5 seedlings growing (Experimenting NEED ADVICE)

I've been a medical patient for about a year now, and have been reading up on alot about indoor closet grows. I'm on a low budget, but I plan to pay close attention to each plant and insure proper watering and ventalation.
    As of right now. I have 3 CFL's running all three are 2700k temp.
    2-13 watt equivalent
    1- 26 watt equivalent
    Very soon I plan to get a 6500k temp lightbulb for more color spectrum.
    1- wind machine fan
    And 3 different style pots.
    2- clear mini plastic wine cups wrapped in blue electric tape (for root protection)
    2- small clay pots
    1- newspaper pot (will decompose, for easy transplant)
    My idea is to see which pot is the easiest and most efficient for transplanting into a biger bot.
    Another reason for growing 5 seedlings is to maybe give me a little more chance to have a female.
    I hope to have atleast one male *knock on wood* Also maybe even do some experiments with topping some the plants, because of my limited grow space.
    I germinated my seeds on a moist rag rolled up loosely in a ziploc for roughly 18 hours. The white root was about the same size of the seed itself.
    I planted this seed in a MG potting mix, with a pinch of coco coir (for extra moisture control). Two of the seedlings have grown to about 2.5 inches in 4 days. I also keep the lights about 2-3 inches above the plant. Once the seedlings have had about 1 month to grow, Im going to transplant the seedlings to 8 inch clay pots with 75%jungle growth organic soil, 25% perlite, and a small amount of mulch around the base of the stem (for moisture).
    By this time i will have atleast three more CFL's for flowering. I really need some tips on what Im doing and I want to learn a few things about force-flowering and how I can accomplish this. The spqce im growing in is about 2 feet wide each way and about 5 foot 8 tall. All white semi gloss paint ( was already there) but im not complaining haha
    sebseb420 Reviewed by sebseb420 on . 5 seedlings growing (Experimenting NEED ADVICE) I've been a medical patient for about a year now, and have been reading up on alot about indoor closet grows. I'm on a low budget, but I plan to pay close attention to each plant and insure proper watering and ventalation. As of right now. I have 3 CFL's running all three are 2700k temp. 2-13 watt equivalent 1- 26 watt equivalent Very soon I plan to get a 6500k temp lightbulb for more color spectrum. 1- wind machine fan And 3 different style pots. 2- clear mini plastic wine cups Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

i am also new to growing so please dont take this as gosbal
    from reading on here it is reveled to me that 3 per plant 24/25 watt cfl's with a 6500k daylight light blue spectrum is needed for the growth of your plant when you need to make it flower you change it to a 2700k red spectrum

like i said i am also learning and need help the only way to acheve this is by helping each other

please people dont rag me for this information just correct me

My idea is to see which pot is the easiest and most efficient for transplanting into a bigger bot.
    18 ounce plastic cups; with holes drilled in the bottom, work great for 2-3 weeks vegging.
    I germinate in the soil cups after soaking 'old' seeds for 24 hours. I don't want the tail too come out until it's in the soil.

(The clear cup is 16 oz.insert Cut down one side & half way across the bottom, for drainage
    You can pull the clear cup and check the roots before transplanting) :thumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Pimp
    18 ounce plastic cups; with holes drilled in the bottom, work great for 2-3 weeks vegging.
    I germinate in the soil cups after soaking 'old' seeds for 24 hours. I don't want the tail the come out until it's in the soil.

(The clear cup is 16 oz.insert Cut down one side & half way across the bottom, for drainage
    You can pull the clear cup and check the roots before transplanting) :thumbsup:
    Thanks for the germination advice, I will keep that in mind in my next seedlings. I would like to put some of my plants outside during the flowering period, I do not have the money for high quality nutes and such, but i have access to a nearby ace hardware, Home Depot, and lowes. Should I just stick with the 75% jungle growth organic soil, 25% perlite? I am not looking to grow huge yields, i just want some stinky, potent crop for personal use. :stoned:

Quote Originally Posted by bubayetti
    i am also new to growing so please dont take this as gosbal
    from reading on here it is reveled to me that 3 per plant 24/25 watt cfl's with a 6500k daylight light blue spectrum is needed for the growth of your plant when you need to make it flower you change it to a 2700k red spectrum

like i said i am also learning and need help the only way to acheve this is by helping each other

please people dont rag me for this information just correct me
    You are partially correct. I don't exactly know everything there is to know about lighting but i do know that a cannabis plant can grow in any color specrum at any stage. Just certain ones promote certain things more effieciently. Its good to pay attention to lumens. Its ideal to have 10,000k per plant. But because of my compact grow I plan to have about 15,000 lumens once I hit the veggies stage. But please correct me if im wrong. Im all about experience and old traditional ways, and creative ideas thought of by old growers, so throw in your 2ΒΆ and special techniques you have used.

I planted 5 germinated seeds into MG potting mix. With a pinch of coco coir mixed together. Here are the two im really paying attention to: Attachment 298241Attachment 298242
    Do they look healthy?

Quote Originally Posted by sebseb420
    Do they look healthy?
    In my opinion they look pretty ;-) Don't worry.