Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1514 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Can I a "non-stoner" have a successful relationship with a "stoner"?

Hi all, I am brand new here and wondering if I can ask your advice. I have been in a relationship with a "stoner" (sorry not sure on the PC word for it) for about 6ish weeks. He is wonderful, funny, smart, sexy and I am really into him and love spending time with him.

I have tried joining him on smoking, trying several tokes on joints over a few weeks of dates - it's just not really my thing as I am a) an incredible lightweight with anything pharmaceutical and tend to just feel a bit dizzy, out of it and not really getting the buzz b) I am on medication that sort of doesn't really agree with pot in any case (and I think that is affecting any pleasure) and c) as I am a non-smoker and only see him at the weekend I get terrible nicotine withdrawal which is no fun at all.

I don't have an issue with him smoking, it is not really my business and if he enjoys it why should it be a concern to me? I stand out with him while he smokes to keep him company. My big concern is that there just seems to be this strong divide on the Internet between "stoners" and "non-stoners" almost like they can barely co-exist let alone date, is there something I am missing? I need to know as I don't want to fall head over heals for this amazing guy if there is going to be an issue later that I should have known about.

Thanks in advance.
    Southernbelle Reviewed by Southernbelle on . Can I a "non-stoner" have a successful relationship with a "stoner"? Hi all, I am brand new here and wondering if I can ask your advice. I have been in a relationship with a "stoner" (sorry not sure on the PC word for it) for about 6ish weeks. He is wonderful, funny, smart, sexy and I am really into him and love spending time with him. I have tried joining him on smoking, trying several tokes on joints over a few weeks of dates - it's just not really my thing as I am a) an incredible lightweight with anything pharmaceutical and tend to just feel a bit dizzy, Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

the only divide is political - i know plenty of people who've been together for years where one smokes & one doesn't.
    same with drinking & lots of other things.

it's only an issue if one of you make it an issue.

Sorry SouthernBelle.. I'm already spoken for.

Seriously though, my wife doesn't smoke and were coming up on 28 years. If he treats you well don't second guess yourself.

Thank you guys - I guess I was just worrying over nothing, this is new territory for me. He is the sweetest guy I have met and does treat me well.

Hi Southernbelle and welcome. I really can feel u. I was in a similar situation. And in my opinion if he treats u well and his hobby does not regulate the whole day - everything could be fine.
    But there is never a promise u know. Enjoy your time.

Probably shouldn't respond in woman's issues, but have been lucky in that mine really liked pot too. Think the big catch I see banging on this will be money. Isn't it always?? You don't spend it where the other thinks you should. Granted there's some givens, kids, food, housing, but you go recreation and some friction can develop, and differences regarding friends. Kills me that my wife knows the sheriff and the Chief of police for political reasons (sobs if you ask me). But I'm kinda antisocial according to her.

I have never been in a relationship where one smokes and one doesnt, I am blessed enough to be in a wonderful relationship with a fellow "herbal enthusiast", as we like to call it lol. I just feel like if you have an open mind and keep that open mindedness within your relationship things will be perfectly fine, just like smoking cigarettes or drinking. As long as you guys stay honest with each other in yalls relationship i dont see any reason why it shouldnt work out.