Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1586 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

my Quick fix has an odor?

Can some quick fix have an odor? I can't say I have always smelled it. My test is in the morning. It is a DOT test.. I typically run my own validity tests on it but I have 2 backup quick fix bottles and validity tests lost in the mail due to the weather from last week. So I'm kind of worried. I warmed the quick fix up a little too much by accident. (26 seconds in microwave because dog knocked something over in the process and distracted me) and the bottle did get extremely hot. I just happened to be smelling it and it does have a weird smell. The batch is good, just made in January as verified by Spectrum. My only problem is I can't test it myself to make sure it is still good. So I'm not sure if ALL quick fix is odorless or can it have some sort of smell? It doesn't smell like bleach, but it does have a strange smell for some reason.

So my safest option is to just try and see if I can go in a day later and overnight a new quick fix to myself (which will cost about 130 bucks total) The other quick fixes are going to my home and I traveled 16 hours for the job so those aren't an option until later in the week.

I did have testing strips with me and the quick fix does test clean, I'm just not sure if the validity tests would pass and for whatever reason the smell has me worried that I messed it up when it got so hot. (The bottle started to warp a little)

Unfortunately this is the first issue I've had with quick fix and it has passed every time just for full disclosure. I do have a smaller 2oz bottle that I bought in Jan 2012. So it's right on the threshold of being expired and I don't have the green slip to verify. That bottle doesn't smell at all but it is also more neon yellow looking than the more current bottle I do have. I don't plan on using it but it also tested clean still.

Delaying my start date is the best option but I'm not sure how fond they will be of that. I hate to piss them off before I even get started. Very important job and I really can't even think of what to say at the moment to delay my arrival. Of course, getting caught substituting constitutes a permanent ban from my field of work. I do have some medical issues I could use as an excuse but I'm just worried at the moment obviously.

Thanks
    Amdtaz Reviewed by Amdtaz on . my Quick fix has an odor? Can some quick fix have an odor? I can't say I have always smelled it. My test is in the morning. It is a DOT test.. I typically run my own validity tests on it but I have 2 backup quick fix bottles and validity tests lost in the mail due to the weather from last week. So I'm kind of worried. I warmed the quick fix up a little too much by accident. (26 seconds in microwave because dog knocked something over in the process and distracted me) and the bottle did get extremely hot. I just happened Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Talked with the recruiter and he didn't think it would be an issue. So for now I will be on the safe side and delay my arrival a day so I can receive another batch. I'll also call Spectrum Labs to see if this is normal. Hard to explain the odor.. it isn't a bleach smell which can be flagged according to the DOT guidelines .. but it almost has a citrus type smell to it is the closest thing I can think to explain it.

Quote Originally Posted by Amdtaz
    Talked with the recruiter and he didn't think it would be an issue. So for now I will be on the safe side and delay my arrival a day so I can receive another batch. I'll also call Spectrum Labs to see if this is normal. Hard to explain the odor.. it isn't a bleach smell which can be flagged according to the DOT guidelines .. but it almost has a citrus type smell to it is the closest thing I can think to explain it.
    Relax.. Drug test can not be failed for lack of smell or is their is a strange smell. Drug testing labs can only test for drug metabolites, pH level, specific gravity, creatinine, uric acid and excessive nitrites/oxidants.

Quote Originally Posted by adsad
    Relax.. Drug test can not be failed for lack of smell or is their is a strange smell. Drug testing labs can only test for drug metabolites, pH level, specific gravity, creatinine, uric acid and excessive nitrites/oxidants.

I do realize that. My issue is that this is a DOT test. You can't be flagged for lack of smell but they can flag you for a bleach type smell. I think it smells more citrus like than anything so I don't think it will be flagged for that alone. My issue is whether or not it would pass the validity screenings you mentioned above, since my adulteration strips were lost in the mail I have no way to check myself. Called Spectrum and they are usually helpful but the lady i spoke with today was fairly short. I asked if some batches have an odor and she said they dont have an odor. So makes me wonder if the batch went bad somehow. (No i havent let it touch light or anything of that nature)

No brick and mortar stores I have found sell those adulteration test kits. Nor have i found any that sell drug test kits with the adulteration strips already attached. So my only option i imagine is to get a new batch.

Received two new quick fix bottles. Same batch number, no smell on either like the one I spoke of above. This is why I always suggest testing a sample ahead of time -- even the synthetic products. Once I get some adulteration strips I will be able to tell if the other with a smell went bad somehow. Never ceases to amaze me at the amount of people who fail with all the resources out there.