Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1676 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

what do you think

[align=center]hi guys first time grower here

i have 6 25watts 6500k cfl daylight bulbs to two plants
    both now have seccond set of leaves on then and look very healthy i think
    soil is 6.8ph
    water putting in is 5.6ph
    havent added any nuits to it as dont no what type to use and when to add them
    temp is 26-30c
    one is at one week from germanation
    other is at 2 weeks from germanation
    humidity is 48-60
    i have the lighting on a 16hr on and 8hr off
    is there any thing else i can do besides wait[/align]

Attachment 298162Attachment 298163Attachment 298164Attachment 298165
    bubayetti Reviewed by bubayetti on . what do you think hi guys first time grower here i have 6 25watts 6500k cfl daylight bulbs to two plants both now have seccond set of leaves on then and look very healthy i think soil is 6.8ph water putting in is 5.6ph havent added any nuits to it as dont no what type to use and when to add them temp is 26-30c one is at one week from germanation other is at 2 weeks from germanation Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

what do you think

Yes....ditch the Aluminum foil and ease up on the lighting! While they are that young and tender, I would unplug at least two of those bulbs, and maybe four until they get a little further along. Get them closer to those CFL's after you unplug a couple, move them within 6 inches or so...they will like that.
    Just my .02

what do you think

Too young to worry about nutes anyway, so you have some time to read and learn what to use and when, and how to read the plants so they can tell you what they need. Good luck!

what do you think

I am a little curious about your 5.6 ph... I have always thought the proper range in soil was 6.3-6.8, and I have always tried to go at the low end so I can up the magnesium uptake. I have never once measured my soil ph or the runoff ph... I just worry about what I am putting in each time, and it seems to work for me. What kind of soil did you start with? I get good results from Miracle Grow 6month, although I realize there are fancier soils out there.

what do you think

thanks for the reply in my earler post i did put soil is 6.8ph and water going in is 5.6
    to be honnest i used a cheap bag of soil i had lying around and yes i know it was stupid i no
    im gunna use a better soil when i transplant them though

so when is the best time to nuit them and how much i know its early yet but i just want to be ready

what do you think

I think you are going to run into problems with that low ph water you are using. I don't use nutes until maybe the 4th week after I have trimmed a bit and wish to see a rebound, and usually I wait till the first week of flower to add anything at all. Weeds don't like nutes very much, and usually just barely tolerate them. As soon as you start adding nutes you have to walk a fine line between getting a benefit and killing your plants from too much love.

what do you think

what should it be then
    i got that ph level from here 5.6

what do you think

6.3-6.8, your lower value would be appropriate for a hydro operation, not soil.

As long as we are discussing it, what made you decide on 16 hours? Veg is typically done at 18 hours or even 24 hours and with experiments that I have done here, you do get more growth with the longer light cycle. Personally I like 18 hours of light, as it maximizes the available light, but still gives the roots time to grow during the dark periods.

what do you think

Don't beat yourself up about the soil either. I have tried many, and it is really hard to see a difference between them. Always remember that these are weeds, and they can thrive in less than optimum situations. I got to the point where I realized that I was getting roughly the same results from Miracle Grow at $10/bag and Fox Farms at $27/bag. Being a cheapskate, I have been in MG ever since.

what do you think

ok thats what i wanted someone to give me better ideas for better results kind regards my friend
    ok i have upped the ph in the water to 6.5ph and i will change the light cycle to 18
    the reason i put it on 16 on 8 off was from what i was reading on here
    i spose it all works its just a case of dialing in each thing to get the best results and as i havent grown before i dont have any results to go from only what other people have done and that works for them and adapy it to my s

Amount:

Enter a message for the receiver:
BE SOCIAL
GreenGrassForums On Facebook