Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1689 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Closet grow log. Soil to hydro. What do you think? Enough light?

Hi everyone! Here's the set up, mother plant under 175 watt MH vegging under 18/6 for about 3-4 weeks now. Plan on cloning 6 clones and transferring to the homemade ebb & flow under 150 watt HPS after they take root in rockwool. Some things I have yet to figure out are, the timing of the hydro pump (how many times/day to flood, and for how long), & I'm not sure if there is adequate light and ventilation, and where the water level should be in the hydroton baskets. The closet is opened 4-5 times daily & has an oscillating fan. Any input on the water levels, or the pump timing? Any help greatly appreciated.
    shibby8 Reviewed by shibby8 on . Closet grow log. Soil to hydro. What do you think? Enough light? Hi everyone! Here's the set up, mother plant under 175 watt MH vegging under 18/6 for about 3-4 weeks now. Plan on cloning 6 clones and transferring to the homemade ebb & flow under 150 watt HPS after they take root in rockwool. Some things I have yet to figure out are, the timing of the hydro pump (how many times/day to flood, and for how long), & I'm not sure if there is adequate light and ventilation, and where the water level should be in the hydroton baskets. The closet is opened 4-5 times Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

So the timer that's being used has increments of 30 minutes, the plan is to flood 3 times a day, 6am, 12 noon, and 6pm all for a half hour. Then let the clones rest during the night. What do you guys think about the timing schedule?

do you mind my asking why you chose to go with such a complicated system as a new grower? ...might it not be better to put the active hydro on the back burner until you learn your way around the plant?

coco hempy buckets are a passive form of hydroponics that are adapted from ancient Roman technology and they are brain dead easy to run and give awesome results so they are perfect for the inexperienced, they are very forgiving so there is much less stress and drama.

here's a couple of examples to illustrate.

Attachment 298181

Attachment 298182

Attachment 298183

...anyway, i'm sorry to say i can't answer your questions directly being a hempy grower other than to say that if you stick with the ebb and flow system you must also consider the duration of your floods and not just the frequency, rapid draining is the preferred method i believe as it pulls more oxygen into the root zone.

peace, bozo