Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1584 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

HELP Please

My jack herer seedling 3 days old. She wont stand up straight. can anyone help me with solution.i have tried supporting it with wire but she just falls to the other side. I have included a photo. Im using pearlite,vermiculite and peate moss.
    patbenson58 Reviewed by patbenson58 on . HELP Please My jack herer seedling 3 days old. She wont stand up straight. can anyone help me with solution.i have tried supporting it with wire but she just falls to the other side. I have included a photo. Im using pearlite,vermiculite and peate moss. Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

HELP Please

You're going to need something with more substantial support than wire by itself can provide. I'd recommend a short piece of bamboo. You can normally get a piece at your local home improvement store in the gardening section.

Just gently push the bamboo into the soil next to the seedling. I'd also recommend only putting it about 1' deep, or only as deep as needed to get it to stand in the soil firmly, and to keep the total length of the support to about 3" or 4" . You do run the risk of hitting the root system doing this, and at her age, it very well, and probably would, be fatal. She is pretty young, and I don't know if you started the seed and transplanted, or grew directly in the soil. If you germinated and then planted you might still remember how the root system looked going into the dirt, so you might be able to avoid it if your careful.

That being said, she is still pretty young and its not entirely unusual for them to lean and bend towards the light. On my younger plants, especially the seedlings, I have to rotate them daily since my light source is not directly above the plant, but off to the side. Good luck!

HELP Please

Pic related:

Attachment 298226

HELP Please

I am assuming that she wont stand up while you are watering. At this stage I have been known to water with an eye dropper, because she doesn't need very much at all. Very carefully watering with tiny amounts of water, will let her stay in place until she gets her legs under her.

Amount:

Enter a message for the receiver:
BE SOCIAL
GreenGrassForums On Facebook