Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1643 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Are 8 4FT High Output T5s enough?

Hi all, are 8 4FT High Output T5s enough to grow about six plants in my Agromax grow tent? I was thinking about buying 8 4FT T5s, either 4 of them with bloom lights and 4 with growing lights or should I just get 8 growing bulbs. I was thinking of hanging both up top or a set of 4 on top and a set of 4 on the bottom of my tent would this work for flowering and blooming? Any help and info would be get. O my grow tent is 55'' x 55'' x 79'' so like 4ft x 4ft x 6ft

One Love..:rasta:
    Mrgreenthumb530 Reviewed by Mrgreenthumb530 on . Are 8 4FT High Output T5s enough? Hi all, are 8 4FT High Output T5s enough to grow about six plants in my Agromax grow tent? I was thinking about buying 8 4FT T5s, either 4 of them with bloom lights and 4 with growing lights or should I just get 8 growing bulbs. I was thinking of hanging both up top or a set of 4 on top and a set of 4 on the bottom of my tent would this work for flowering and blooming? Any help and info would be get. O my grow tent is 55'' x 55'' x 79'' so like 4ft x 4ft x 6ft One Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Yes! I love my T5's! Go to my friend, OMBs thread & check out his pics under Basic Growing, thread Will 150 watt HPS outperform 372watt of T5's. The pics speak for themselves!

Thanks man. That's what I'm going with just wanted to make sure before I ordered. It's my first time for indoor grow so hopefully it will go good.

Did you get to look at OMBs pics before the thread was closed down. If not, let me know & I'll get him to post the pics to you of his finished plants.

Yeah I got to see the pics. Made me feel better about the T5s I'm getting a lot of people saying they aren't going to be good enough but I made up my mind, going with the T5s lol got 8 grow and 8 bloom.

One Love....:rasta:

Its all about the light penetration. Small plants, small area, T5's are great! Now if you have a grow room, big tall plants, you do need HIDs to penetrate all the foliage & cover more area, but in a grow tent with all that reflective mylar, you'll be fine. Just remember to have them close to the plant tops, but not touching. If you ever feel you need more light, just add CFLs.

Ok sweet finely some one who thinks like me that's what am going to already have a few CFLs ready to go just waiting in everything else. Thanks for the help. I owe u big time

One Love....:rasta:

I have a little trick. If you end up having spots UNDER your T5's where you can't hang cfls, walmarts carry bottle lamp kits. They're different by having the cord come out of the side of the socket. I take an inverted clay flower pot & use that instead of the bottle. Nice & bottom heavy & tip proof. Then you can place them where needed under the T5's where you can't hang the cfls. You never know where you might need under/side lighting untill the plant bush out & get dense. If you need to raise them, just stack more clay pots under them. That's my favorite trick & has helped me save many a bud site that wouldn't have enough light to produce otherwise.
    BTW, these kits are only around $3.00. How cheap & easy is that? (I like cheap & easy )

Sweet I will look into that. I'm the same way cheap & easy I like :thumbsup:

I have an old photo of a grow done in 2006 with just (4) 4' T5ho lamps. Very good quality, decent yield.

Bubblegum

Attachment 298126

Attachment 298127

Attachment 298128

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast