Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1650 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Freaking out about urine test. Any advice?

Hi everyone,

I'm pretty freaked out about my upcoming urine test, so any advice or information would be greatly appreciated.

I'm 30 years old, 5'10", and 160 lb. I'm thin, but I don't exercise much. On December 11, I got an eighth, probably shared about a quarter of it, and smoked pretty much every day until it was gone on January 5. I hadn't smoked for a few weeks before December 11.

I have to take a test next week, and the place they want me to use is Legacy Metrolab in Portland. I've read some horror stories about this, mostly I think because they use the 20 ng/ml cut off instead of 50, and they seem to be able to detect synthetic urine.

I took a home test yesterday with a 50 ng/ml, using my first pee of the day, and got a VERY faint test line (supposedly indicating a negative result). So, I'm freaked out because I'm thinking that means my concentration was under 50 ng/ml, but just barely.

What do you guys think? What should I be doing for the next few days to prepare?

Thanks for any help/advice you have!
    BluePDX Reviewed by BluePDX on . Freaking out about urine test. Any advice? Hi everyone, I'm pretty freaked out about my upcoming urine test, so any advice or information would be greatly appreciated. I'm 30 years old, 5'10", and 160 lb. I'm thin, but I don't exercise much. On December 11, I got an eighth, probably shared about a quarter of it, and smoked pretty much every day until it was gone on January 5. I hadn't smoked for a few weeks before December 11. I have to take a test next week, and the place they want me to use is Legacy Metrolab in Portland. Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

I took a home test yesterday with a 50 ng/ml, using my first pee of the day, and got a VERY faint test line (supposedly indicating a negative result). So, I'm freaked out because I'm thinking that means my concentration was under 50 ng/ml, but just barely.
    Youre thinking incorrectly. There is no meaning attributed to the intensity or width of a line. Even synthetic urine controls (which contain NO drug metabolites at all) can produce a faint line on an assay. A faint line is still a line, which is a negative.

I have to take a test next week, and the place they want me to use is Legacy Metrolab in Portland. I've read some horror stories about this, mostly I think because they use the 20 ng/ml cut off instead of 50
    The party who is paying for the U/A is the one who decides what the assay cutoff threshold should be - not the lab. The lab just provides the "test menu" for the client to pick and choose from.

Thanks for replying.

So, based on my info, do you think I'd pass the 20 ng/ml test if I have to take it in a week? Should I go for the dilution with creatine and vitamin B?

Do you know for a solid fact that you will be taking a 20 ng U/A? Do you have your CCF form in which the test type code is printed on?

I guess I don't know that for a fact. Believe it or not, I've never had to take a pee test before when there was any risk of not passing, so I've just been piecing together info from the internet.

But in case they pick the 20 cut off, where do you think I stand? What should I do?

Thanks again for the help.