Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1673 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

First Time Growing problems and questions

Hey first time grower here just have a couple questions about my outdoor plants
    I just wanted to know when I should be transferring the first 8 sprouts into bigger pots
    and secondly what is wrong with the clone i have the leaves are going yellow at the bottom, is it a N def if so should i just go get some ferts

tyAttachment 298052Attachment 298053

i could only attatch 2 pics on this site the other 3 are linked

imgur: the simple image sharer
    phoenican90 Reviewed by phoenican90 on . First Time Growing problems and questions Hey first time grower here just have a couple questions about my outdoor plants I just wanted to know when I should be transferring the first 8 sprouts into bigger pots and secondly what is wrong with the clone i have the leaves are going yellow at the bottom, is it a N def if so should i just go get some ferts :) ty298052298053 i could only attatch 2 pics on this site the other 3 are linked imgur: the simple image sharer imgur: the simple image sharer Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

anyone?

100+ views no reply -.-

hard to suggest anything not knowing what you've done already. What kind of soil, any nutrients, what are the conditions like. I would just water the clone a little bit at a time and add a low strength dose of nutrients. Now if you are growing in a hot soil like Fox Farm Ocean Forest or Mackerel Grow it just may be too much nutrients for the small plant.

I'll second that.
    For diagnosis that is worth anything, it's best to fill out the troubleshooting form:

http://boards.cannabis.com/plant-pro...anted-one.html

This:

"I just wanted to know when I should be transferring the first 8 sprouts into bigger pots"

I can help with.
    I see 2 plants in way too big of a pot.
    Not a good idea.

And, that's what's wrong with the sick one.
    It does not have enough roots and leaves to pull water from that much dirt.
    The water sits and stagnates.

It is drowning, or, more accurately, suffocating.
    The roots can not breathe.

Always start with a small pot.
    Wait until the height of the seedling is about the same as the depth of the pot for growing tall plants.
    (No wanna crimp the tap root.)

If you want short and bushy, adults, transplant when the width of the 'ling's leaves exceed the width of the pot.
    And only up pot a little at a time.
    (There are reasons that we go to all that trouble transplanting, yah?)

In either case watch the weep holes at the bottom.
    When the roots start poking out, it's time.

Everything I've typed and much more is yours for the asking by simply clicking on the first link in my signature.
    95% of your questions are well answered there.
    When you have question that are not answered in the archives, you will get much better responses.

Aloha, and welcome aboard.

Weezard

ok thank you very much weezard, yesterday i gave them all half strength of some amgro nitrosol its the first ferts ive givin them so far
    do you think i should re transplant the clone or just leave it? i dont want to shock it to much

I looked up amgro, looks like it's sold in oz, might need to use a fert that has phosphorus is amgro doesn't have any as I didn't find the P in NPK ratio, meaning that there was nitrogen and potassium noted, but not phosphorus. read the label for phosphorus to see if there is any in there.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenican90
    ok thank you very much weezard, yesterday i gave them all half strength of some amgro nitrosol its the first ferts ive givin them so far
    do you think i should re transplant the clone or just leave it? i dont want to shock it to much

Well, since you ask, I think it's too early to give them anything but water.

Amgrow is an Australian product and i have no personal experience with it.
    It's sort of a slurry of organics, and might not be a problem.
    V shell C. Yah?

@PP:
    here's the skinny on it;

"This includes ammonium sulphate, urea, potassium hydroxide, potassium sulphate, Superphosphate and other salts plus organic sources such as blood & bone.This is a commercial product whose exact ratio of components may vary slightly."

Aloha,
    Weeze

yea it does have some phosphorus 2.3 to be exact. The reason i am using this fer is only because a friend recommended it to me and they are doing fine so far.

the only thing i am noticing is the yellow bottom leaves on the clone are dying and curling up and going brown but the green leaves are doing very well

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast