Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1574 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

They're not doing well, thoughts?

I have 2 girls in a bubbleponics setup (reservoir pumps water through a drip line up into the pot) 5" pots, full of hydroton, getting a steady, gentle spray. 600w mh about 24" above the plants. 165gph pump, 18w air pump feeding 2 12" air stones. Here is a post from my journal yesterday: 10 day update:
    1/16: 2 seeds placed in paper towels
    1/17: 1 seed cracked, the other one swollen. Placed into 5" net pots. Made a nice little nook for them about 3/8" under the surface. 400w mh placed about 24" above them. Added the following; 3ml super thrive, 5ml each of rapid start and Dutch masters gold silica. Ph 5.7 and 43ppm.
    1/26: both about 2 1/2" tall, second set of leaves no where in sight. Repeated the rapid start, silica at 3ml and added 5ml each of gh bloom, grow and micro. Ph 5.3 319 ppm. Res is 7 gallons. If u need more info please let me know, Thank u all for any input
    . Attachment 298042Attachment 298043
    SSDIPainGuy Reviewed by SSDIPainGuy on . They're not doing well, thoughts? I have 2 girls in a bubbleponics setup (reservoir pumps water through a drip line up into the pot) 5" pots, full of hydroton, getting a steady, gentle spray. 600w mh about 24" above the plants. 165gph pump, 18w air pump feeding 2 12" air stones. Here is a post from my journal yesterday: 10 day update: 1/16: 2 seeds placed in paper towels 1/17: 1 seed cracked, the other one swollen. Placed into 5" net pots. Made a nice little nook for them about 3/8" under the surface. 400w mh placed about 24" Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

I've seen something similar happen with leaves, where the green tissue quickly turns brown after accidentally dripping fert mix on them. I'm guessing that's what is going on there. Spraying leaves like this with a water/fert mix is a bad idea. The purpose to spraying water/fert mix is to aerate the mix, putting more oxygen in the mix. I thought you were going to drip, not spray. This plant doesn't respond well to fert mix being put on the leaves directly. I don't know why, but time after time I've seen foliar feeding go bad. So I'd say, use the pebble to build a wall around the plants or somehow block the spray from the plant directly, or stop the spray. If you stop the spray, you'll need to get the fert mix to the plants by pouring it over the pebbles or bury the sprayer below the pebbles. About all I can suggest. let us know what you do and if it works.

"3ml super thrive, 5ml each of rapid start and Dutch masters gold silica. Ph 5.7 and 43ppm.
    1/26: both about 2 1/2" tall, second set of leaves no where in sight. Repeated the rapid start, silica at 3ml and added 5ml each of gh bloom, grow and micro. Ph 5.3 319 ppm. Res is 7 gallons. If u need more info please let me know, Thank u all for any input"

You are doing what most new growers do.
    You are loving them to death.

Cannabis is a weed.
    And those li'l weeds are just barely seedlings

1st.
    Lose the Superjive.
    It is horse exhaust.
    Been tested many times by real botanists and found to be, basically, worthless.
    Won't help, and can hurt.

Also, stop with the additives, and give them less light.
    If they start to stretch, they want more light, but generally, they expect low light early on.

At this tender age all they need/use is PHed water.
    They can not use the rest of that crap.
    That's what the cotyledons are for.

So, raise the light to 36" (Mo' betta switch to CFL until they start to grow)
    Then, plain water while they feed from their cotyledons to grow roots.

When the cotyledons start to yellow and shrivel, start with a very low concentration of vegging ferts
    1/8th or less at first of veg. ferts.
    And you might want to raise the PH a little.
    You will know that by watching the stems.
    If the stems start to turn red, raise the PH to ~5.8 and continue to monitor.

While you wait for them to recover, click on the first link in my sig. and read 'til your eyes bleed..
    The information is all there and it free.

Aloha,
    Weezard

Thank u for the replies. There is so much info out there that is less than accurate. I've raised the light, went back to the 400w. Got the ph up. The spray isn't really touching the leaves, I've had the head just above the surface. They were developing fine, then they just stopped. I'll report back on the results. Thanks again guys!

Everyt\'ing: http://cannabis.com/growing/index.html:thumbsup:

Plants do things for a reason..they don\'t just decide one day to get root rot or act funny. - Weedhound :clap:

\"It ain\'t what you don\'t know that gets you into trouble. It\'s what you know for sure that just ain\'t so.\"
    - Mark Twain

\"http://www.puyallup.wsu.edu/~linda%20chalker-scott/\"
    Mythbuster! Thanks to- Rusty Trichome

1st.
    Lose the Superjive.
    It is horse exhaust.
    Been tested many times by real botanists and found to be, basically, worthless.
    Won't help, and can hurt.

I'm no real botanist but I've damaged plants with that stuff. It's off my shelf now.

It's so Damn frustrating, they market this stuff and put things on the label to make you think you have to use the product. It's just like fishing stuff, 90% of the stuff they make is for the customer to buy, it doesn't catch fish, but the stupid consumer thinks they have to have it. The girls are no worse, I realize it will be a few days before anything positive is noticeable. I just wish I could see the second set of leaves starting. They were noticeable by this time last grow. I realize each plant is different, and this is a new strain for me. I just want them to be ok. Taking the medicine out of the equation, I am a gardener, I love seeing something go from a tiny seed to a giant tree, because off me and the care I have given it. I'll keep you posted. Thanks

It's all about greed.
    The marketers take advantage of our humanity.
    Hyperbole aside, they prey upon the impatient.

Right around the 7th week, Cannabis buds will begin to bulk up.
    Right about the 6th week we begin to worry that they haven't done so yet.

That's when a lot of "Bigbloom, high res, super dahoozit, crap" gets sold.
    Folks take it home, apply it, to the whole grow, and hover.

Sure enough, the gals fatten up shortly after the snake oil gets added.
    "Right around the 7th week".

Human nature being what it is, they give credit to the snake oil for what would have occurred anyway.

They write testimonials, tell all their friends.

"Hey dood!
    This stuff really works!
    My buds fattened up when I used it!
    Bigger and harder than my last grow!"
    Blah ,blah, blah.

It doesn't register that, if you pay attention and learn from your grows, each grow will be better than the last regardless of additives.

They hardly ever try it the right way.
    (These 3 gals get Super-duper gorilla juice, and these 3 do not.)
    So, they give credit to da crap for what would have happened anyway, without the crap.

Next time you get tempted by the hucksters, please do a proper side by side test.
    Document it!
    Then, if you find an additive does have some value?
    Well, we all want to know about that!

Aloha, jumping off soapbox now.

Weeze
    Everyt\'ing: http://cannabis.com/growing/index.html:thumbsup:

Plants do things for a reason..they don\'t just decide one day to get root rot or act funny. - Weedhound :clap:

\"It ain\'t what you don\'t know that gets you into trouble. It\'s what you know for sure that just ain\'t so.\"
    - Mark Twain

\"http://www.puyallup.wsu.edu/~linda%20chalker-scott/\"
    Mythbuster! Thanks to- Rusty Trichome

Just realized I had algae in the water, went too long without changing it. Since the roots aren't in the water yet I thought I could go longer without a water change. Goddess of Ganja: 1
    Dumbass Noob: 0

Oh man they are doing great! Leaves are growing nice and health, second sets are coming in. Thanks for all the help guys
    Attachment 298160Attachment 298161

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast