Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1592 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Day of Test advice..which is tomorrow

Ok, long time lurker...first time post. Like sooooo many on this site.

Here is my background and situation. I'm mid-30 and 5'10" 165lbs, in the Bay Area of California... very fast metobolism...I usually sweat a night just laying there. All my girlfriends have thought it was gross LOL. Like many others, I applied for a job cause I hate my current and the interview>hire>drug test schedule happened very fast. I am a casual toker, usually just a bong rip or two at night to chill and watch a show. I was told about a drug last Wednesday (1/22) and stopped smoking that evening after I had the email (but in full disclosure I took a one hitter pull earlier after work) so I've been "clean" since Thursday (1/23)....The longest I could postpone the test was until tomorrow at anytime...It's a standing walk-in appointment at a Quest location, so until 4pm to do this. I saw the CCP (?) and it is the Urine test DOT-40 procedure.

I've been making attempts to clean my system through dilution...and "yes" I know that it is too far in advance but so much of this is physiological. Since last Thursday I've run 3 miles 4 times at a local park up and down a hill to try and get my aerobic exercise, which as I understand can only help. I plan on going again today. Since I've been drinking about a gallon or more or water and 1.5liter of cranberry since Sunday I've concerned about too much dilution...so starting yesterday (Monday 1/27) I've been adding about 4 heaping spoon fulls of creatine to the cranberry juice and drinking it throughout the day...I plan on continuing that today.

More detials...I've been so conflicted about whether to use a synthetic (I've purchase QF5.5-1 Canadian)...But I'm having anxiety about that, hence the attempts to clean my system out. Here is the kicker...I purchased an at home drug test at CVS yesterday and used it this morning after I solid nights rest (I had to take a Tylenol PM though) at 8am this morning I administered the test exactly like I should...and...well...I came up negative (pic attached).

I guess I feel confident in that test result and that I'm skinny and healthly and not a heavy user that I should just go in and take the test regular. However, I clearly should go later in the day and not use my first few voids of the day. However, is there a recommended void?? Also, what would be good diet/drinking pattern the day of the UA (tomorrow 1/29)?? I wouldn't mind a partial dilution but don't want to totally fail because of that...ya feel?

I'm going to take another at home test tomorrow on the first void of the morning and that will probably push me one way or the other with respect to using the synthetic or a partial dilution.

Attachment 298044
    WhiteGoodman Reviewed by WhiteGoodman on . Day of Test advice..which is tomorrow Ok, long time lurker...first time post. Like sooooo many on this site. Here is my background and situation. I'm mid-30 and 5'10" 165lbs, in the Bay Area of California... very fast metobolism...I usually sweat a night just laying there. All my girlfriends have thought it was gross LOL. Like many others, I applied for a job cause I hate my current and the interview>hire>drug test schedule happened very fast. I am a casual toker, usually just a bong rip or two at night to chill and watch a Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Since youre taking a DOT-regulated U/A, subbing (with either a clean donors sample or synthetic) is the way to go. DOT-regulated tests are not observed unless there is cause.

By doing an Advanced Search with the terms "drinking water useless dilution", you'll discover why drinking water in the days before a U/A is of no help.

Thanks BT, I was hoping you'd respond. I guess I'm still a bit paranoid about using the synthetic and failing. I've read up on the DAT-40 procedures...and you're right that I could easily pull it off. However, I'm just worried about them figuring it out. Especially since I did the at-home test on my first morning void today and it came up clean...I know you know I'm just freaking out a bit...but I already quit my other job now and I'd be up the creek with failure.

So, in your opinion you'd go with the synthetic QF5.7-1 over a partial clean/partial dilution?

Thanks again for all you do on here.

Ok, now I sit and worry. Should know by Friday afternoon. I decided to do a partial dilutions.

I had been creatine loading since Monday and drinking alot of cranberry juice and water since Monday. I was taking about 15-20 grams of creatine in juice and water since Monday. Hopefully that is enough time. Today is Wednesday. Also, I had been taking about 4-6 B-complex pills for the last 24 hours to give a steady color to my urine.

Here is what I did, and I'll keep everyone posted for further information purposes. I did two more at home tests today (the day of the test), first void this morning was negative but a faint line, I then drank about 42oz of Gatorade (1.5 of bigger bottles) with a 8 B-complex and 4-rolaids crushed into them, and a heaping spoon full of creatine powder placed in the containers (whynot at this point). I also had a cup of coffee this morning around 7am, I can't live without. And just a few sips of water, I really am worried about a too-dilute and fail situation. Then I did another at-home tested again around 11am, the line was much darker and clearly negative. So, went over this afternoon and I had been peeing often and it had a nice yellow color to it.

I'll keep everyone posted, but I just am hoping for a pass and not a too-diluted failure. I had the creatine loading since Monday and was pretty heavy about it, passed 2 days of at-home morning voids, a lot of rolaids, gatorade and B-complex...so hopefully the color s/g, creatinine level, and everything else is good to go. I hadn't smoked in a week and had been exercising and I'm generally skinny with high metabolism.

I easily could have substituted with the Quick Fix Plus I had purchased, the lady at the front desk was distracted overall, I didn't have empty pockets, just washed hands and went into a closed room...but I had read about the recent issues with Quick Fix's various batches and I had got mine from a local headshop and the girls wasn't very helpful in answering questions, she just wanted to make the sale and move on.

Anyways, I'm still a bit worried about a "too-diluted and fail"...I'm confident that there isn't any THC in the sample I handed over. She looked it over and the color and temperature was just fine. She poured into another smaller container, and sealed it up and her and I signed the paperwork and I left.

I'll keep everyone posted. Comments are welcome.

Good Luck! Im kind of in the same situation I just have a little longer of a window. I have been smoke free for 10 days and I have about another 10 to 12 days left before my actual test. As BT has said a faint line or a dark line is still a line. I had a faint line this morning after drinking about 6 bottles of water and going to the gym. I have not taken a test with my first morning void as recommended. I will do that as the test gets closer. I was trying to test myself around the time and conditions I would be voiding for the real test. I had thought for sure I was going to be positive so I do believe the dilution method works as long as you load up on the creatine starting at least 3 days prior and continuing. It sounds like you followed the directions and I hope you have good results! I am trying to upload a picture of my test like you had done previously, I keep getting an upload failure message. Any tips on how to do that?

Yeah, I hope my creatine was started early enough...ugggh this is awful.

As far as the pic loading...I use Google Chrome and it was really easy, just followed the steps. Maybe try another browser?

Waiting is the tough part! From everything I have read it takes 24-72 hours for the creatine to metabolize into your system and become creatinine. The last scoop I don't think would have done anything for that. One of the more seasoned gents should correct me if i'm wrong. From everything I have seen if you will pass the home test consistently with your first morning void you should have no problem! Thank you for the advice I will try that.

Yep, seems we've read the same stuff...many thanks to BT and FBR!!!

I did it everything I could and felt good about the color. I'm just praying that the levels are all good, especially the creatinine and specific gravity (all that gatorade and rolaids) only thing I didn't do that I wish I would have is ate some salt. But there is some sodium in the gatorade which I drink about 70oz worth of from 8am till the afternoon.

I have to get this job, not a dream job like you per se, but a dream salary LOL...plus I quit my other job, my last day is on Friday and I'm suppose to start this new one next week. FML if I don't pass. I just hope they are human if it is a "too dilute" situation and I can re-do it on Friday or Monday....I'll beg really really hard.

Best of luck yourself and to everyone else.

/start rant

Hopefully just a few more years and by 2016 this testing of THC will be over with in the USA. No different than going home and having a glass of wine in the evening.

/rant over

Even safer than wine as far as i'm concerned! I think you did all the right things and with multiple negative home tests you should feel good about it! Like FBR said if your over the 20 threshold on creatinine your good. The only way they would be able to tell if you have "low" levels is to test you before hand. We all psych ourselves out so try and relax and when you get that negative result back smoke one for me bud!

Hopefully just a few more years and by 2016 this testing of THC will be over with in the USA. No different than going home and having a glass of wine in the evening.
    Unfortunately, I dont see this happening. Yes, more and more states are wising up to the antiquated, draconian anti-pot laws and I salute them, but Ive seen on the news a week or two ago that Colorado courts have ruled that employers can still drug test employees and applicants and still retain the right to discharge employees for THC use, despite the fact that rec-reefer use had recently been legalized.
    Florida has just allowed the legalization of MMJ to be placed on a ballot this coming November, and its chances look great; as an unofficial poll conducted by a local news station showed 73% in favor of legalization. However, this same station had sought comments from some of the major business owners in the area about MMJ legalization, and the business owners had made it known that even if legal MMJ were to be a reality, this would not stop them from drug testing and discharging its employees for THC use on/off the job. :wtf:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast