Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1602 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

What are good lights for growing?

Quote Originally Posted by OMB
    I completely agree crystal. You CAN pull some great bud's with T5's....and they do run cooler with more useful spectrum. Combined with sidelights and proper placement, they will do a fine job from start to finish. Having said that, HID's do have their place. Currently it's in a box to make room for another bank of T5's!
    I just gotta be different....Lol

u guys think 8 4ft T5s would be enough for my grow tent? i think the would be a total of 40,000 lumes

Quote Originally Posted by Mrgreenthumb530
    u guys think 8 4ft T5s would be enough for my grow tent? i think the would be a total of 40,000 lumes
    55x55 should get good coverage.

3.   Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by tlranger
    55x55 should get good coverage.
    Ok cool just really looking for something with not a lot of heat right now. Just want to get my first indoor grow right all of u are helping a lot, great info.

One Love...:rasta:

Understand the winter summer deal, my air actually cost more than my heat. Till I went under, I shut my indoor growing in May, out buildings were to hot without anything(100 in the shade is not uncommon). I have had some massive bill due more to that than the lights I was running, I know the lights make a difference, but when that air never shuts down, or the heat runs constantly, that's when the big bills come.

Think I'm kinda lucky, power company showed early, questioning my usage, showed them my shop, aircompressure, car lift, tools, and hot tub. They said we're gonna but you on a level pay plan and never came back. Running about 280 but I'm not working it like I use to.

Crystal going to say, for sure check your room first, fires occur at hot spots plug ends and sockets, wall out lets, any place your connecting two wires.
    Next do you get shocked when you touch a faucet, or any appliance, a short eats money 24/7. And a short can be to ground, saves you but not your money.
    Don't burn your grow room, makes for funny u-tube when the firemen get stoned(cali, very recent) .

You lab rats can do me an experiment. By measuring the power usage of each of the grows (kWh) just the grows, no other stuff, and plot it against harvested dried weight. My experience says the big dog wins. Love for you to prove me wrong and save me some money. Throw in amortized equipment cost too.

"You lab rats can do me an experiment. By measuring the power usage of each of the grows (kWh) just the grows, no other stuff, and plot it against harvested dried weight. My experience says the big dog wins. Love for you to prove me wrong and save me some money. Throw in amortized equipment cost too."

We pay > 40 cents per Kwh. here.
    Believe me, I've done the math.

It would be much less expensive to pay street dealer prices, than to grow indoors here with HPS or MH.

Since I'm legal, I get to use sunlight for flowering, and a measly 100 Watts for Vegging.
    LEDs are very efficient and 100 Watts is plenty for my plant limits.

The lights were expensive to build, but amortize over 50,000 hours, and there is no bulb replacement cost.
    So, they amortize to 4.8 cents per month.

They run about $20 per month for electricity at our present rate.
    The fans and air pumps are less than $5 per month.
    I do not charge for a labor of love, so plant care gets called a hobby.

So, even if I amortize the greenhouse cost and factor the coco, ferts, PH down, grow bags and misc. expenses,
    I pay about 1/10 of the street prices for my medication.

Good thing too!
    My antisocial insecurity barely keeps me fed and dry.

Aloha,
    Lab rat.
    Er, I mean, Lab 'zard
    Everyt\'ing: http://cannabis.com/growing/index.html:thumbsup:

Plants do things for a reason..they don\'t just decide one day to get root rot or act funny. - Weedhound :clap:

\"It ain\'t what you don\'t know that gets you into trouble. It\'s what you know for sure that just ain\'t so.\"
    - Mark Twain

\"http://www.puyallup.wsu.edu/~linda%20chalker-scott/\"
    Mythbuster! Thanks to- Rusty Trichome

Ok lab'zard, neither I nor my ladies Attachment 298078 can find any flaws in your logic. I will agree that my cali-Humboldt greenhouses can out produce any light system that I can come up with. No power company, but the sun is my friend. Little gas to pump water, and buy some bat shit, the rest is organic compost. And number one ships quite a lot to the islands because the price is so high there.

But here on the sly, temps at freezing, I can do 50 plant sog, 1mo Veg - 2mo bloom, and expect to get 3-4lbs, for right at a dollar a day. With one 12hr/day 1000w hps. And I do like to veg under t-5's which I think saves me a little.

Want to try leds, but to do my 5x10 tent, or headquarters, would take a bunch of lens focused ufo's, have thought of trying to make one out of a 4x8 sheet of peg board, waiting for one of you guys to do a tutorial for me, not just a wiring diagram.

Quote Originally Posted by Weezard
    "You lab rats can do me an experiment. By measuring the power usage of each of the grows (kWh) just the grows, no other stuff, and plot it against harvested dried weight. My experience says the big dog wins. Love for you to prove me wrong and save me some money. Throw in amortized equipment cost too."

We pay > 40 cents per Kwh. here.
    Believe me, I've done the math.

It would be much less expensive to pay street dealer prices, than to grow indoors here with HPS or MH.

Since I'm legal, I get to use sunlight for flowering, and a measly 100 Watts for Vegging.
    LEDs are very efficient and 100 Watts is plenty for my plant limits.

The lights were expensive to build, but amortize over 50,000 hours, and there is no bulb replacement cost.
    So, they amortize to 4.8 cents per month.

They run about $20 per month for electricity at our present rate.
    The fans and air pumps are less than $5 per month.
    I do not charge for a labor of love, so plant care gets called a hobby.

So, even if I amortize the greenhouse cost and factor the coco, ferts, PH down, grow bags and misc. expenses,
    I pay about 1/10 of the street prices for my medication.

Good thing too!
    My antisocial insecurity barely keeps me fed and dry.

Aloha,
    Lab rat.
    Er, I mean, Lab 'zard
    Wow, just did the math..we pay.63 cents per kW plus .21cent fuel charge.....84 cents kW..... TVA fuckers!!!!

Thought the tva was hydro?

One of the first persons to get a mmc in my state nearly burnt the tentament down due to poorly planned wireing.luckly the fire dept. was close by
    This actually comes from experience, 300 is more than my all electric home, plus headquarters and my grow tent(4000w), plus 2banks of 4x6 t-5's, plus fans and pumps, and shop. Last person to tell me a story like that, I told him better check his wiring, his house burned the next week.

Thought the tva was hydro?
    They actually control all the water of the southeast, which the 'use' to make power for the entire southeast....they are Federal...and as usual started as a small experiment and grew into a conglomerate mess! They aren't our friends....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast