Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1930 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

New to indoor growing. Need help

Hi everyone, I'm looking for a little help/info. I'm new to growing just got my medical card and ready to start growing my own plants. I got a agromax grow tent 55x55x79 now I just need lights something that won't put off a lot of heat or make my electric bill to be super high. I was looking in to getting a 7-band 240 watt LED grow light and maybe three compact CFLs. Will that be enough to grow my plants all the way to the end? Please help. Thanks
    Mrgreenthumb530 Reviewed by Mrgreenthumb530 on . New to indoor growing. Need help Hi everyone, I'm looking for a little help/info. I'm new to growing just got my medical card and ready to start growing my own plants. I got a agromax grow tent 55x55x79 now I just need lights something that won't put off a lot of heat or make my electric bill to be super high. I was looking in to getting a 7-band 240 watt LED grow light and maybe three compact CFLs. Will that be enough to grow my plants all the way to the end? Please help. Thanks Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Led's make for the prettiest pictures, in my opinion.

How u feel about CFLs

CFLs can work very well.

How many would it take and would it only be good for veg state or for both

they sell cfl lamps in difference sizes and colors. Warm white is recommended for bloom cycle and daylight is for vegging cycle. (Cool White is 4100K and not a very desirable spectrum for plant growth). Cost can be a factor, 23W size can be found for a buck each, 48W can be found from $5-8 and larger, specific grow lamps and reflectors can be found and they cost quite a bit more. I would use 65-100 watts per square foot of CLFs.

Ok thanks that actually helped me a lot I think I going to start off using CFLs and see how that works. I owe u

T5HO doesn't pulluch power OR throw out too much heat, more lumens then cfl too- cfl are easier to get light into hard to reach spots tho

T5 high output I was looking into those 8 2ft T5 with 16,000 lumes and 3 CFLs but books and other people say that T5s are only good for seedlings and small clones