Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1324 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Quick Fix and DOT test

New to this forum but I have used quick fix many times many times and it has worked every time. You would think after passing so many times it would be a breeze but of course there is always that worry that comes with having to substitute. I actually quit but I won't be clean in time for the test. I know DOT tests have a lot of procedures or guidelines that they have to follow which could be good or bad however you look at it I suppose. My main concern with quick fix has always been the color. It seems as if lately the color has gotten a little bit more normal looking but I still feel like it could be better.

So I guess my question is this .. can you actually fail or be flagged for color? If you read the DOT guidelines on what the collectors must do when they receive the sample, checking for abnormal color is definitely on the list but I don't know what the threshold if for "abnormal". I mean I know people try some crazy things so does it have to be really off color to be flagged? I know if I pee in a cup and pour quick fix in a cup and compare the two, the real urine is definitely a little darker -- even when I'm diluted with water. If I recall correctly they could make you retest under observation if they suspected something was tampered with or the color being off etc.. and obviously I wouldn't pass under direct observation..

Anyways, thanks for any help that anyone may be able to offer
    Amdtaz Reviewed by Amdtaz on . Quick Fix and DOT test New to this forum but I have used quick fix many times many times and it has worked every time. You would think after passing so many times it would be a breeze but of course there is always that worry that comes with having to substitute. I actually quit but I won't be clean in time for the test. I know DOT tests have a lot of procedures or guidelines that they have to follow which could be good or bad however you look at it I suppose. My main concern with quick fix has always been the color. Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Quick Fix and DOT test

As long as the urine color is not blue, orange, purple, black, or any other color that is not exhibited in human urine, you have nothing to worry about.

Quick Fix and DOT test

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Toast
    As long as the urine color is not blue, orange, purple, black, or any other color that is not exhibited in human urine, you have nothing to worry about.
    That is what I figured but it's better to be safe! Thanks for your reply I was hoping you would since you seem to be the subject matter expert around here

I'll be sure to respond with the results! Like I said it's not my first quick fix rodeo but sometimes you just need that little bit of reassurance.

Thanks!

Quick Fix and DOT test

OP - can you describe your procedure for me? I am sitting at 20hrs from my first attempt.

Thanks so much!

Quick Fix and DOT test

Quote Originally Posted by HubCap
    OP - can you describe your procedure for me? I am sitting at 20hrs from my first attempt.

Thanks so much!
    Sure. I really don't do too much but I will tell you what I do.

My first suggestion is practice, practice, practice. I personally buy my own testing/adulterant strips just to make sure the quick fix I have is going to pass as well. (You probably won't be able to do this with only 20 hours remaining more than likely). I always use a hand warmer because of the fact that my test isn't on a set schedule. If you know when your test is exactly you could possibly get away with just microwaving it and testing how long it will stay warm with just your body heat. I started out wearing two pairs of boxer briefs and I put the quick fix in between the two. It's really not as uncomfortable as it may sound once you get used to sitting with it. Now I just wear compression shorts and put my boxers on over them. With the 3oz bottles I feel more comfortable if I have 2 hand warmers on it. Just make sure the hand warmers do not touch the heat strip. Your body temperature is going to keep it pretty warm as is.

Once you practice enough I truly believe you will be able to know if your quick fix is in range just by how it feels against your body -- but of course don't rely on that alone.

That's really all I do. I just practice practice so I have a good feeling of how it is going to be. Try not to be nervous and I certainly don't ask questions like "when will the results be in" etc but I do tend to make small talk sometimes.

Hope that helps a little!