Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1552 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

New grow box nothing fancy

Hi fellers,

First time using a grow box. It's a repurposed fish aquarium stand on casters. Nothing hi tech about it.

7 cfl at 15watts each. I think they produce 40watts output? I open the box lid for about 1 1/2 to 3 hrs a day to let it circulate with a small fan.

Started about a week or so before Halloween. Let them veg for about 2 months. Just started flowering them 2 weeks ago.

Not sure on the plant or strain. A friend that moved out of state gave me some seeds from a unknown strain.

I believe they could be an auto dwarf. Reason being is he told me there were a few of those seeds in the different bags he gave me. I had them on a 18&6 for the veg state and one of the planets started flowering while in veg. Currently on a 12/12.

Not sure any insight guys? Also I just Acquired a metal highlight? Not sure on spelling? It's seems very blue/purple in color. Ill post pics of it later.

I haven't used any flower bloom yet but I did use viargo 10-10-10 once a week while vegetating.

A buddy told me a should cut some of the bigger fan leafs off. He said they are water leaves and take away from the flowers. Not to sure on that one?

Any thoughts guys or comments?

These pics are 5 days old.

Attachment 298013

Attachment 298014

Attachment 298015

Attachment 298016

Attachment 298017
    Nonwoven29 Reviewed by Nonwoven29 on . New grow box nothing fancy Hi fellers, First time using a grow box. It's a repurposed fish aquarium stand on casters. Nothing hi tech about it. 7 cfl at 15watts each. I think they produce 40watts output? I open the box lid for about 1 1/2 to 3 hrs a day to let it circulate with a small fan. Started about a week or so before Halloween. Let them veg for about 2 months. Just started flowering them 2 weeks ago. Not sure on the plant or strain. A friend that moved out of state gave me some seeds from a unknown Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

So I made the move from there grow box home to a very temp stable one underground.

I know no one likes Aluminum foil but its cheep and works. Using that pink fan for circulation. 12/12 light Schedule using the cfl in the below pics. There 14watt but produce a 60 watt bulb effect I think? Any how there's 8 of them. 3 on 1 power strip and 4 on the other.

Grow area stays a constant 65f. Made the move about 2 hours ago.
    Attachment 298026
    Attachment 298027
    Attachment 298028
    Attachment 298029
    Attachment 298030
    Attachment 298031

Pics of there new living area.
    Attachment 298032

Leave the leaves at least for awhile. Power producers, your buds will use it.

Like metal halide(bluish) after veging at the beginning of bloom cycle but really like finishing under hps.

Love the temps of a nice bunker, you can warm it up with lights if you try hard. Running a dehumidifier? And lots of fans, intake, exhaust, and on the plants. Mold can be a bitch.

White foam board makes a nice movable reflector wall.

Tl ranger,

I started to get the begging stages of mold a few months ago. That little fan did a great job and I use the closet Dehumidifiers. I was able to bring the temps up to a comfortable 72f with the MH.

I mounted the MH vertically sense I didn't have enough clearance. I would rather err on the side of caution.
    I like nugs but not at the cost of the house burning lol.

I've searched both cb.Com and google with no luck. Is it okay to use both the MH and cfl at the same time?

Some new pics below
    Attachment 298085
    Attachment 298086
    Attachment 298087

Yes if the heat can stand it, watch for burning the tips