Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1677 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

10 day old seedlings looking great but need watering advice

I'm using an airlift pump to drip feed the seedlings . Could I leave the drip feeders running 24/7? At the moment I drip feed in the morning and afternoon for 1 hour at a time.. There looking great but will they stand for watering 24/7?
    Rizlaninja Reviewed by Rizlaninja on . 10 day old seedlings looking great but need watering advice I'm using an airlift pump to drip feed the seedlings . Could I leave the drip feeders running 24/7? At the moment I drip feed in the morning and afternoon for 1 hour at a time.. There looking great but will they stand for watering 24/7? Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

as long as the tap root doesnt sit constantly in ur water it should be ok , try it and if u see the seedling starting to show signs of over watering just revert back to what u where doing for another 2 days. also if u can try exhale co2 bags u should give them a go, i saw 1st hand lastnight the difference these can make in a small grow. these exhale bags had been added to the grow just on saturday and the grower told me that plants had grown 5/6" in 24 hours ( infact for the two hours i was there they had grew about another 1cm) the plants are 3 weeks into 12/12 and look super healthy but he maintained the bags have made them look better.

exhale bags are a waste of money, its a proven fact that they dont put out high enough co2 levels to be effective...better off (and cheaper) to just get dry ice and let em bath in the fog for an hour or so...would pretty much be equivalent....but may be one of those "different strokes for different folks"

Dry ice does work well, most bang for the buck, will say bottled compressed co2 dripping on the tops.

I know this is a controversial subject, but IMHO CO2 is a waste if you don't have all the other conditions ideal. And it favors growth of fungus. It would be the last factor I played with, get everything else down first. There is a lot of mythology about CO2. Plants can derive all they need from atmosphere unless they are overcrowded and air-stagnant. And those would be the factors to address first if that were the case. Having said this, I do build little yeast CO2 generators for my rooms and its admittedly fun to see them bubbling away. But I seriously doubt they're really factoring much in the overall growth. I agree with ranger that dry ice is the most efficient in terms of money and effort. Just my 2cents. Happy growing.

In my room just think me being in there, is probably the best, another way your the most important part of your grow.

These small cabinets are probably a different animal, I want air circulation - lots of it! Which makes adding co2 sketchy at best.

guys i have seen these bags for myself , i just called around with my grower friend and he had marked the height of the plants when we where in lastnight , there is a noticable difference in height today . i would say at least 3 inches from last night. from what i have seen the last 2 evening theres nothing to say that these exhale bags are a waste of money. tbh its nothing to me if they work or not but from what i have seen the last 2 evening they are deffo doing sumthing right for the plants they look super healthy and my friend swears they have only look like that from he added these bags.... ill try can get sum pictures and post them. BTW this friend has years and years of growing experince and his produce is always top drawer so if hes telling me the have helped in just 3 days well im not going to call him a lair.

if u dont mind me asking have guys any experience of using these Exhale Bags 1st hand , it would be interesting to here other grower 1st hand views about them.

Hal

Exhale C02 Bags PPM Tested! - YouTube

this video shows that these bags actually increase co2 from 300 ppm outside a 4x4 grow box to over 1200 ppm inside. not a bad increase. they may not be as effective as dry ice and other methods but they are probably alot more accessible for people to get and for a fraction of the price of expensive CO2 system they'll offer improved results. IMHO if they raise the PPM of CO2 of the ambient air they can only help.

pics as promised

Hal I have not used the bags. I've used dry ice and yeast bubblers. I never set it up as a comparison study so I really don't know if it had an effect one way or the other. That's something I should do in the future, though it would be difficult to set up a "no CO2 added" vs "CO2 added" and keep everything else the same. I'll have to think about that. Your plants look nice, and you may well be getting a boost from the bags. I just tend to be skeptical because I've seen people with decrepit grow setups and weak plants who spent more time and energy on getting added CO2 than on just taking care of their plants properly. Obviously that's not the case with you, so you may be in a perfect position to benefit from it. Keep in mind, however, that plants in the early-mid growth phase can grow very fast, even with no additional CO2.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast